Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Paint creek Hunting?

Thesteeldeal

NWM
Put some miles on both my boots and my vehicle. Ended up near a picked corn field on the north side of paint creek. Did not see any deer. Nice area but I think it’s been hunted...? I’m going to try somewhere else tomorrow. Maybe I’ll try to find soMe strange spot that deer normally wouldn’t be, and that’s where they’ll be.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
If you’re staying in Hillsboro, maybe head south to Tranquility WA. I’ve never hunted it but did hunt a buddy’s farm just north of the WA. That part of the country has a much higher deer density than northern highland county. As others suggested, I would not have wasted a minute sitting in any one spot today. There has been just enough pressure to keep the deer bedded all day but not enough to have them on the move. My guess is tomorrow will be different. I suspect there will be a lot of hunters out moving deer. There has been very few hunters out all week. I bet that will change tomorrow.

Thesteeldeal

NWM
If you’re staying in Hillsboro, maybe head south to Tranquility WA. I’ve never hunted it but did hunt a buddy’s farm just north of the WA. That part of the country has a much higher deer density than northern highland county. As others suggested, I would not have wasted a minute sitting in any one spot today. There has been just enough pressure to keep the deer bedded all day but not enough to have them on the move. My guess is tomorrow will be different. I suspect there will be a lot of hunters out moving deer. There has been very few hunters out all week. I bet that will change tomorrow.
My neighbor here at the resort was telling me the same thing earlier today. I was avoiding it because it’s so popular in the articles and such. I’d figured there would be a line of hunters waiting to get in. But your right hunter numbers are way lower. At least from what I was imagining. So Ill take your suggestions once again and I’ll do that in the am.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My neighbor here at the resort was telling me the same thing earlier today. I was avoiding it because it’s so popular in the articles and such. I’d figured there would be a line of hunters waiting to get in. But your right hunter numbers are way lower. At least from what I was imagining. So Ill take your suggestions once again and I’ll do that in the am.
Hope it works out for you. There will likely be a lot of people in the woods and you just may luck into the buck of a lifetime.

Thesteeldeal

NWM
Well boys 2:45am and I’m heading out the door. Brocks last “buck of a lifetime” bullshit threw me in to A hunt mood panic. He in one sentence put me in the big leagues so how with the “entire” forum members watching. Folks tickets are$50 a seat but you’ll only need the edge!!!! Thanks to everyone this a ton of fun.

Thesteeldeal

NWM
Ok well it was a Marathon the past few days and my body is feeling it! I’m 40 and in good hunting shape for the most part but damn.I needed the handicapped rail to get off the toilet. Yesterday (now see that My post was gibberish stupid autocorrect on here is terrible) I found a great Thick spot on onx in tranquility. I hiked in from the back side of the easy access thinking people would push deer my way. I got there at 3:30am had my tree set by 5:45. I hunt from a saddle. The worst part of hunting is setting up in the dark and waiting to see what the hell is in front of you when the sun comes up. Man it started getting light and I nailed it. Hard woods in front and thicket behind me. I never get it that good. I was pumped. Thinking of brocks buck of a life time comment. I was already thinking of my poses with my buck for my “Team douchee” photos. I sat till 11. 3 shots I saw nothing. Drove around. People doing drives everywhere! They said it was terrible never seen it this bad. New spot in the evening. Saw nine. No bucks. Today Still hunted/scouted all day. Kicked up a few no shots no racks that I could see. I’m beat up but I do love it. A buck in 2 days is a tall order in a place I’ve never been. You all helped me a ton and I appreciate it. I’m going to hang out on this forum because of that. If any of you need anything in Michigan you let me know. Till next Time thanks and best of luck on everything. Mike.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Ok well it was a Marathon the past few days and my body is feeling it! I’m 40 and in good hunting shape for the most part but damn.I needed the handicapped rail to get off the toilet. Yesterday (now see that My post was gibberish stupid autocorrect on here is terrible) I found a great Thick spot on onx in tranquility. I hiked in from the back side of the easy access thinking people would push deer my way. I got there at 3:30am had my tree set by 5:45. I hunt from a saddle. The worst part of hunting is setting up in the dark and waiting to see what the hell is in front of you when the sun comes up. Man it started getting light and I nailed it. Hard woods in front and thicket behind me. I never get it that good. I was pumped. Thinking of brocks buck of a life time comment. I was already thinking of my poses with my buck for my “Team douchee” photos. I sat till 11. 3 shots I saw nothing. Drove around. People doing drives everywhere! They said it was terrible never seen it this bad. New spot in the evening. Saw nine. No bucks. Today Still hunted/scouted all day. Kicked up a few no shots no racks that I could see. I’m beat up but I do love it. A buck in 2 days is a tall order in a place I’ve never been. You all helped me a ton and I appreciate it. I’m going to hang out on this forum because of that. If any of you need anything in Michigan you let me know. Till next Time thanks and best of luck on everything. Mike.
Glad you had a good time... Hang around and stay active.. There’s way more of Ohio too hunt...