Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Painting decoys

Matt

Norton, OH
So since I got bit by the waterfowl bug, I went looking for a bunch of dekes on the cheap and decided to paint them. The duck dekes were given to me, and I paid pennies on the dollar for a whole mess of goose dekes, fields and floaters. I painted up 14 mallard dekes and about 9 goose floaters, I still have about 10-15 full-body field geese to paint. I am pretty happy with the mallards (I added white on the butt of the hen after the pic was taken) but I am thinking the backs of the geese are a bit too brown. Anyways, here is the results.

And my spread opening day.

Matt

Norton, OH
Sorry about the cell phone pics. Hey Jesse, you ever get those dekes painted up???? I think this is like the 20th time I have asked you!!!!

Matt

Norton, OH
Thanks Joe, couldn't of done it wifout ya! And Tucky, can't remember my definitions, but I think it would be considered a bag! Thanks for the decoy weights too, those got put to use this past weekend!

Geezer

*Hims a Super Moderator*
Dey was old anyway. Prolly gots termites.
No dey weren't ya fuggan cracker - this wuz like new in da original box's and had home made anchors - fuggan hillybill express fuggars - :smiley:smiley_bond::smiley_badmood::smiley_badmood::smiley_chuck::smiley_chuck::smiley__asswhip:::smiley_boxing::smiley_cowboy::smiley_cowboy:::smiley_devil::smil:smiley_cigar:

gon'n ta regulate der azz when i ketched up TOO uhm

Last edited: