Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Patriot Mobile?

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I depend on network coverage too much to take chances. Verizon has me by the balls. I looked at the coverage maps of Patriot Mobile and it looks a bit thin. When you zoom into specific areas, you see a LOT of "fair" coverage classifications. We all know what "fair" coverage means... It means don't fuggin count on it working when you need it. I like what they're doing as a company, and I'd love to take part in it, but I'd have to see a lot more people that I know using it and giving 5-star reviews of it's coverage and reliability before I jumped off the Verizon ship.

Jamie

Ohio
A lot of people shy away from the Prepaid carriers and I never understood why.
Same network as the bigger companies for half the price. Biggest difference is the phone prices and even that had evened out some.

One caution I will throw out there in regards to Patriot Mobile. They operate on the Sprint Network. With the T-Mobile purchasing Sprint they will shut down the Sprint Network for the most part. They will be divesting some to Dish Network. It will be interesting to see how it comes out in the end.

I would imagine Patriot has contingency plans.

the only difference between Sprint and Patriot Mobile is that I'm not under a long term contract, I'm saving a shit ton of money, not supporting any retarded leftist progressive causes, and the customer service is more personal, although I haven't needed to talk to them since I made the switch. I certainly hope Patriot has contingency plans. no word from them of any coming changes yet.

Reactions: giles

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
the only difference between Sprint and Patriot Mobile is that I'm not under a long term contract, I'm saving a shit ton of money, not supporting any retarded leftist progressive causes, and the customer service is more personal, although I haven't needed to talk to them since I made the switch. I certainly hope Patriot has contingency plans. no word from them of any coming changes yet.

Agreed Jamie. It's amazing how much you can save.

Every Major carrier has prepaid carriers using their network. I will list a few in case others want to look into saving some money. These are just a few there are a ton of them.

Verizon - Consumer Cellular and Straight Talk and Tracfone

AT&T - Cricket and Straight Talk

T-Mobile - Metro

Sprint - Boost and Patriot Mobile

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I tried Straight Talk one time. They promised same coverage as Verizon, blah blah blah. Of course they were wrong. I could barely make calls outside, and indoors was a total waste of time. I remember struggling just to get a clear signal while talking to customer service. Even canceling the service was made difficult by lack of service. It was incredibly frustrating and disappointing.

Jamie

Ohio
I'll repeat that I was pretty apprehensive about switching. worked out for me, big time. I would also say the coverage shown on their site shows less than desirable coverage around me, but the 2 or 3 dead spots that I encounter regularly were there just the same with Sprint. no change at all for me. no joke, it seems like I have better service in some places now than I used to. could just be more/better coverage because of more towers or equipment now than a few years ago.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
I tried Straight Talk one time. They promised same coverage as Verizon, blah blah blah. Of course they were wrong. I could barely make calls outside, and indoors was a total waste of time. I remember struggling just to get a clear signal while talking to customer service. Even canceling the service was made difficult by lack of service. It was incredibly frustrating and disappointing.

I

Problem with Straight Talk is that they have phones on all four networks so you have to be very careful when buying their service. If you grab the wrong phone you may be on a network that doesn't work for you in your area.

You may have thought you were on Verizon's network and the phone you bought was for Sprint etc.

Or if using your own phone it could have been a Sprint SIM card instead of Verizon. Just an example.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Quantum.... Got a question for ya.. I'm in N.J. and have had Verizon with no issues lately ( maybe 6 months ) service in my house sucks big time..
Missed calls, dropped calls, terrible almost useless... Have called Verizon and got no

Fletch

Supporting Member
Quantum.... Got a question for ya.. I'm in N.J. and have had Verizon with no issues, however lately ( maybe 6 months ) service in my house sucks big time..
Missed calls, dropped calls, terrible almost useless... Have called Verizon and got no satisfaction.... Any sugestions

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Quantum.... Got a question for ya.. I'm in N.J. and have had Verizon with no issues lately ( maybe 6 months ) service in my house sucks big time..
Missed calls, dropped calls, terrible almost useless... Have called Verizon and got no
Rich, do you have WiFi at the house? Is your phone attached too the WiFi when at home?

Fletch

Supporting Member
Rich, do you have WiFi at the house? Is your phone attached too the WiFi when at home?
'J'.... Got WiFi and it's connected... Been to the Verizon store numerous times and they are useless... Got Google Pixel phones last year and thought maybe it was them... They even swapped out the Sim cards... NADA... Now there is a tower maybe a mile away that used to be used by them however I heard ATT is the owner of tower and now they only use it... Also there is a high school about a mile from here and I heard they may be scrabbling the cell service... My friend I hunt with in Illinois switched to Straighttalk and loves it plus it's half the cost... Told my wife we are dropping Verizon, so she said: but the service might suck... Shit my service sucks big time now, SO I MIGHT AS WELL PAY LESS FOR SHITTY SERVICE...

Reactions: giles

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
'J'.... Got WiFi and it's connected... Been to the Verizon store numerous times and they are useless... Got Google Pixel phones last year and thought maybe it was them... They even swapped out the Sim cards... NADA... Now there is a tower maybe a mile away that used to be used by them however I heard ATT is the owner of tower and now they only use it... Also there is a high school about a mile from here and I heard they may be scrabbling the cell service... My friend I hunt with in Illinois switched to Straighttalk and loves it plus it's half the cost... Told my wife we are dropping Verizon, so she said: but the service might suck... Shit my service sucks big time now, SO I MIGHT AS WELL PAY LESS FOR SHITTY SERVICE...
Are you still having issues calling and texting while connected too WiFi? If so you have some issues with that phone.
Verizon at the house is spotty at best, top of the driveway is great 😂 We connect too the WiFi at home and call text and surf with no issues....

Fletch

Supporting Member
J Verizon checked out the phone said it's good... I can text and surf the web ok... Neighbors also have been bitching about shitty service...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
J Verizon checked out the phone said it's good... I can text and surf the web ok... Neighbors also have been bitching about shitty service...
6D17C497-E3B3-4389-998B-1A87394EF630.jpeg

Rich you have this symbol when your connected too the WiFi?

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Rich - I checked our system and AT&T does have a tower close by. So if you change from Verizon I would recommend going to someone that uses AT&T network.
Cricket or Straight Talk just make sure if it is Straight Talk you get the one with AT&T not Verizon.

Reactions: Jamie

Fletch

Supporting Member
Rich - I checked our system and AT&T does have a tower close by. So if you change from Verizon I would recommend going to someone that uses AT&T network.
Cricket or Straight Talk just make sure if it is Straight Talk you get the one with AT&T not Verizon.
Yes there is a tower about a mile away.. I was told AT&T owned it and shared it with Verizon, now Verizon no longer has use of it... It is located on Rte. 565...