Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Peaking at the right time

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Mason and I joined our pal Steve today at Ross County Bowhunters. 20 3D targets. As a group, I’ve never seen a higher combined score. Each of us has had “good” days before, but never all three at the same time. We did not count any of the bonus rings, just the ten ring, and 8’s. Steve and I both shot 196 out of 200. Mason shot a 186/200. He was right there with us until the last two targets where he got a little goofy with his grip and shanked two shots left into the 5. Quick fix for him. All three of us have worked really hard this summer on form and shooting and I think we all have things about as tied up as they can be before season opening. If you think you cannot be very accurate with a simple single string bow and the ability God has given us all, you are wrong. Today was very rewarding; not just for me personally, but to see my longest trad-shooting friend and son do so well. Dang this stuff is fun when it works!
IMG_0613.jpeg
IMG_0616.jpeg
IMG_0618.jpeg
IMG_0622.jpeg
IMG_0623.jpeg
IMG_0624.jpeg
btw, the impala was the longest shot of the day at 28 yards.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
This is my pal Steve ringing up a ten at 22 yards or so, uphill. Steve lived close to me when I was a kid. I was terrible interested in recurves back then but didn’t know a soul aside from me that was. Steve is about 15 years older than me and was already an accomplished traditionalist back then. He helped me a lot. We met while he was trespassing on a piece I had permission to hunt. He was stump shooting at the time and I was rabbit hunting. I’m glad he didn’t just run off. 😁