Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Pedal much?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I was wondering if anyone did much bicycling here? I just bought a Specialized Rockhopper and man is it sweet. So light compared to other bikes I have had. I wanted something different for a workout and this fit the bill.

Beentown

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Used to be a huge mountain biker till I ended up living where there are no good single track trails within acceptable distance to me. For the past 8 years I was a road biker...then my wife had our first child 1 year ago today. I went from biking 3-5 times a week for 100-200 miles/week to 3 times all last year.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Used to go quite a bit, but like some of the others mentioned, wife + kids = limiting my hobbies. So hunting gets all the focus now, with fishing dropped in a little more. I still have my kick ass Schwinn mountain bike I bought in 1993. Only now it tows a kiddie caddie behind it.

Maybe I'll be ambitious and go ride the trails at Alum someday. It is a great way to get some exercise!!

Huckleberry Finn

My parents have a tandem and its not uncommon for them to do a 100 miles a week in the summer...errr or is that 200 miles ;)

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I still have my mountain bike. I used it a lot in 2009 hunting season riding to my hunting spots. That is about all it is used for other than the occasional family bike ride.