Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Pictures of Spring.

Jackalope

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Thought I would start a thread for everyone to share their photos of spring.

I took a couple while out turkey hunting the other day.

Jackalope

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Trillium. One of Ohio's state wildflowers that can be found in hardwood forests across all 88 counties.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430742403.277176.jpg

Jackalope

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin

Dryads saddle. Also called a Pheasants Back or Hawks Wing. Its in the editable category, but so is carp, and I would rather eat a carp than this fungus. I keep an eye out for it as a visual indicator for a possible morel patch as it loves to grow on dead elm trees. They usually grow quite large and are easy to spot from a distance.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430744263.295323.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430744304.701243.jpg

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo

Dryads saddle. Also called a Pheasants Back or Hawks Wing. Its in the editable category, but so is carp, and I would rather eat a carp than this fungus. I keep an eye out for it as a visual indicator for a possible morel patch as it loves to grow on dead elm trees. They usually grow quite large and are easy to spot from a distance.

View attachment 31928
View attachment 31929
Informative post. fyi. carp can taste good.

View attachment 31928
View attachment 31929
I've eaten them when they were small and really fresh. They were kinda, meh. I actually grilled them with peppers, squash and onion over some sliced smoked sausage, and yet, meh