Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Plural deer

Howdya sayit??

• Total voters

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
I just had this conversation with my oldest daughter Kayla, shes five. She asked me last night when I came home, "did you catch one dad?" I had to correct her by saying, "honey, we catch fish and kill deer." "Oh..... ok, did you kill one then?" My youngest Taylor, says "yeah, lets eat them!" Ahh, its the little things in life....

Cogz

Cogz
TX
A lot of doe and a lot of buck drive me nuts. A youtube guy i watch says that. With a shiz eating grin like he knows he is saying it wrong.

Reactions: jagermeister

at1010

*Supporting Member*
was the guy from Wisconsin? A good buddy of mine from up there, who is a big hunter, always says "doe" and "buck" - doesnt matter how many that is always how he refers to them. We wont even say, "I saw three bucks" - it would just be "I saw three buck". Drove me crazy at first.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
was the guy from Wisconsin? A good buddy of mine from up there, who is a big hunter, always says "doe" and "buck" - doesnt matter how many that is always how he refers to them. We wont even say, "I saw three bucks" - it would just be "I saw three buck". Drove me crazy at first.
Them pennsyltucky guys say that too

Reactions: at1010

Cogz

Cogz
TX
Yes he is! That’s funny. I guess i’ll cut him some slack.

Reactions: at1010

at1010

*Supporting Member*
That’s funny, must be a localized thing.

Chad - my family is from PA, never noticed that before but they are from western/central pa so maybe that’s why? Not sure.