Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

(POSTPONED) 3rd Annual Family Fishing and Camping Outing Paint Creek 2020

Not sure how we will pull this one off this year. Had Allen's baseball meeting for HS late last week and whether he's on JV or V they have games scheduled for that weekend. If on JV they would be on Friday and a double header Saturday which gives us a chance to come down late for the night. If involved at all with the V then they have a weekend trip planned, coming back Sunday.

Reactions: Dustinb80

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
If this approaches and state parks are closed for camping, I am offering up our farm for a backup plan. Plenty of room for campers, we can shoot guns, ride quads, and AEP is 25 minutes away and we have a WMA 20 minutes away, both for fishing. Turkey season will be in and I'd let people draw straws for a guided hunt on Saturday. Just putting it out there in case we need a backup plan.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
If this approaches and state parks are closed for camping, I am offering up our farm for a backup plan. Plenty of room for campers, we can shoot guns, ride quads, and AEP is 25 minutes away and we have a WMA 20 minutes away, both for fishing. Turkey season will be in and I'd let people draw straws for a guided hunt on Saturday. Just putting it out there in case we need a backup plan.

That's what I'm talking about, awesome gesture Jesse!

We could also crash Fluteman's Paradise while we are in the neighborhood. Lol, @Fluteman.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
So heres the latest with Paint Creek. Open air camping is still good to go. IF they close the park as a whole, we can get our $ back. Reservation fee included. Ill keep an eye on this and update as needed. So, as of right now, we have 38 days left.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Also, it appears as though we will no longer be able to make reservation unitl May 15th. So if you dont have a spot, you wont be able to reserve one.

Reactions: 5Cent

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
I'm assuming they will be considered walk up sites. However, I don't know if the park office will be open for us to check in, I would hope so, but am not sure.