Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Prayer request

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Damn buddy. When it rains it pours right? I'm very sorry to hear about your loss and the troubles with your cousin. Cancer sucks. Been through it more than I care to talk about. Nothing easy about it. Hang tough buddy. Family needs a strong man like yourself right now. We'll be praying for you and the family...

1hornwilly

*Supporting Member III*
Hicks, I am all in. I'll be praying daily for both. I know how much a family needs prayer in times such as these. God's got it. We may not understand the plan, but a God we could fully understand would be too small to worship. I'm prayin' buddy. Keep us posted. I'm especially interested in how your cousin is doing since brain cancer hits close to home for my family...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm very sorry to hear about all of this, Phil. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this very difficult time.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My Uncle's funeral went well. One of our cousins (His niece's husband) did the service and it was great. Another cousin (one of his nephews) sang and said some words as well. Many family members were there. In fact, most were there. Considering the size of our family and how they are dispersed, this says a lot. I know it was important for my Aunt, their daughter, and grandsons that we all made it. Thank you to all my friends here for the prayers and words of encouragement.

We found out at the funeral, my cousin had her stint replaced. She found a surgeon to do it and the surgery has already been performed. The stint will help drain fluid off the brain and allow her to undergo more treatments now. (If I understood all this right.) The sad part is they have found another growth. This is a sad and trying illness to deal with, but at least the stint was replaced and she is able to move forward. Without the stint, they were pretty limited in what treatment she could get. I am very surprised how quickly this came about. Thank you all again for your prayers.

1hornwilly

*Supporting Member III*
Hicks, Glad to hear the surgery was able to be done. My daughter had a shunt put in for the same reason (to drain the brain fluid so it wouldn't build up pressure in her head). It had to be re-done after it was in for a little while. Brain tumors are horrible and I am praying like crazy for you, her and her family. God Bless them. I posted this as a prayer request on my blog... you can let her family know there are between 5-10 thousand readers/ day from all over the world who are now aware and praying. I always found it comforting to know there were lots of people praying when Ava was sick. Maybe that will be a small bit of comfort to them. What's her name? I'll spread the word... There are several thousand more people I can get this to through friends and family and the church. Say the word and I'm on it. I don't always jump all over stuff, but brain cancer is just too close for me to be impartial. The more prayers, the better!