Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

professional trapping - SE Ohio

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I am seriously considering hiring a pro trapper this year as I dont have the time.

What is the cost?
By animal?
By pelt?
By acre?

Any recommendations on folks?

We have really seen an increase in deer activity, and numbers. If we could limit the predators we would probably have our numbers back to where we want them, and feel comfortable shooting a few does!

Let me know! Thanks ALL!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Your best bet would be to find someone who is looking for property to trap. A nuisance trapper will charge you per animal and a coyote will probably run anywhere from $100-150 for each one caught, and I might be on the low side on that price. Only reason I have an idea of nuisance trapper prices is because my buddy does it, I know he charges $75 for a coon, and people pay it lol.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Your best bet would be to find someone who is looking for property to trap. A nuisance trapper will charge you per animal and a coyote will probably run anywhere from $100-150 for each one caught, and I might be on the low side on that price. Only reason I have an idea of nuisance trapper prices is because my buddy does it, I know he charges $75 for a coon, and people pay it lol.

Dang! No way I’m paying that!! Ill do some digging.

Blan37

SW Ohio
Have you thought about posting in the OSTA forum? Probably some guys near you that would trap for free for the pelts.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Have you thought about posting in the OSTA forum? Probably some guys near you that would trap for free for the pelts.

No I never knew that forum existed. I’ll have to look into that! Thanks!

Blan37

SW Ohio
YW. Hope it works out for you. Their main page has a 'problems with wildlife?' section that has a link to a list of trappers. Some may want to charge but I don't know for sure. I know when I was on the forums there were guys who looked for trapping land because they were after the fur. Let us know what happens.