Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Propane Delivery SE Ohio

Currently we have been using 20lb tanks to run our couple of propane appliances. Was thinking about getting a couple 100 LB tanks instead so I wouldn't have to refill that often. Then it occured to me that I might be ahead just to get propane delivered and have a big tank set. This way I could even leave the heat on if I was planning on coming back later in the week. Anyone have any recommendations. Our camp is between New Matamoras and Newport.

How’s the lane getting to the place? Sometimes that will limit on who’s willing to show up.

Right now there isn't one. LOL. However once the neighbor gets his dozer fixed and the weather dries up a little, I will have a gravel driveway all the way to the cabin. Actually other than like right now you can drive down into the field to the cabin with ease. The Carter Lumber truck drove all the way down in to deliver the trusses and roofing.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
If you buy the tanks (2-100) and or tank (1-500)you own them. You can then pick and choose who fills them. Meaning you can shop around. If they set the tank, then you are leasing them. Meaning you are only going to buy gas from them.

Pros to leasing the tank. If there is any problems they have to fix the problem. When leasing you can also get in on their budget plan usually. Or even better some companies offer pre buys. Propane companies buy all the propane for the year at once. They always do this when the market is lowest. Usually around June. If they offer pre buys, then you can buy what amount of gallons you want at that said price. So you can purchase your years supply all at once also. Then they just come once a month and top off your tank, deducting what ever they put in from what ever you purchased. Therefore you are not subject to market swings.

Cons of leasing, they expect you to burn so much propane over certain periods. If you aren't going through enough gas for it to be worth their while, they'll come get their tank.

From my experience in the industry. You are better off finding a local mom and pop dealer than to be at the mercy of a large Corp dealer. Hope this helps you get a little closer to being done.

Reactions: cspot
If you buy the tanks (2-100) and or tank (1-500)you own them. You can then pick and choose who fills them. Meaning you can shop around. If they set the tank, then you are leasing them. Meaning you are only going to buy gas from them.

Pros to leasing the tank. If there is any problems they have to fix the problem. When leasing you can also get in on their budget plan usually. Or even better some companies offer pre buys. Propane companies buy all the propane for the year at once. They always do this when the market is lowest. Usually around June. If they offer pre buys, then you can buy what amount of gallons you want at that said price. So you can purchase your years supply all at once also. Then they just come once a month and top off your tank, deducting what ever they put in from what ever you purchased. Therefore you are not subject to market swings.

Cons of leasing, they expect you to burn so much propane over certain periods. If you aren't going through enough gas for it to be worth their while, they'll come get their tank.

From my experience in the industry. You are better off finding a local mom and pop dealer than to be at the mercy of a large Corp dealer. Hope this helps you get a little closer to being done.

A couple of the places that I called recommended buying my own tank for a seasonal place since you are never really sure how much you will use. I will probably go that route. I really think I will probably put a 100 gal (424 lb) tank in and then get it filled. I don't own any 100# tanks anyway and I don't feel like having to haul them a couple of times a year to get filled.

Reactions: Hoytmania