Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Pryor is done

Doesnt matter to me either way...

Hook'em Horns

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
You guys do realize that Tressel and all the other coaches that are still around pretty much knew this was happening and turned a blind eye, right? Do you guys even know what led TP to choose OSU? His mentor, Ted Sarniak, was basically guaranteed contracts through construction bids. You see, Ted owns a glass company and a bunch of Buckeye boosters promised the glass bids on all their construction jobs to him just to steer TP to Columbus. The whole time TP was in Columbus he was bought and paid for and it started with St. Tressel. OSU is gonna get absolutely blown back to the stone age with sanctions. GO BLUE!!!

I honestly hope they do, could care less if they wipe the team/coaching staff/boosters etc, clean across the board and start over. I would rather forfeit every game or lose every game that have our university branded as corrupt. Take out the trash and move on.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I honestly hope they do, could care less if they wipe the team/coaching staff/boosters etc, clean across the board and start over. I would rather forfeit every game or lose every game that have our university branded as corrupt. Take out the trash and move on.

Exactly. Well said...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Maybe I'm in the minority here on this thought but why should OSU get hit hard with sanctions! Unless the corruption goes deep and high then heck ya, "Throw em under the bus", but why hurt the ENTIRE university because of a dishonest coach and corruptable player/players. Hit Tressel with more fines, coaching bans and public apologies or explaination or whatever and sit TP and other players involved for 5 games or a year. My reasoning, Pete Carroll got nothing and USC got butt reamed. PC is still making millions in Seattle and USC is left with the turmoil. I also think that OSU's compliance office needs a shake down or sanctions on it as well. I just feel sorry for the other 90 plus players and coaches who ABIDED BY THE RULES, but have to take the punishment handed down while the offenders get...........well, nothing.:smiley_baby:

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Well, there aren't 90 other players who are innocent to start with. Give it a month or so and you'll see how many players this involves and be shocked at how long it's been going on. It's a systemic problem going all the way back to Mo Clarett. Everyone just dismissed what he was saying cuz he was in a shitstorm of legal trouble himself. This does go all the way to the top. Smith will be gone as AD, and I'm guessing Gee will be gone within a year at the most. Tressel was doing this exact same thing at YSU and got busted. Neither he nor Pete Carroll will ever coach a D1 team again. They should absolutely be hammered and they will be

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Well, there aren't 90 other players who are innocent to start with. Give it a month or so and you'll see how many players this involves and be shocked at how long it's been going on. It's a systemic problem going all the way back to Mo Clarett. Everyone just dismissed what he was saying cuz he was in a shitstorm of legal trouble himself. This does go all the way to the top. Smith will be gone as AD, and I'm guessing Gee will be gone within a year at the most. Tressel was doing this exact same thing at YSU and got busted. Neither he nor Pete Carroll will ever coach a D1 team again. They should absolutely be hammered and they will be

I doubt that Carroll cares about that though, seeing as he is coaching and NFL team now.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Spoken like a true Buckeye Hater!lol Dang UM fans keep chimin' in. Hey RH and others, if'n your talkin about a discount in cars sold to ALL student athletes at OSU you better hope investigators don't go snoopin around Ann Arbor either. I'm sure most of what went on up in C-bus happens at most D1 schools. It all comes back to the head coach, players obeying ALL rules and the compliance office looking into jobs,housing and auto sales given to athletes. Just sayin'. OH, MUCK FISHIGAN!! :pickle:

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
been a michigan fan as long as i remember. I'm gettin a kick out of all this.

I do agree with finelyshedded though, this goes on at a lot of other schools too. kinda ruins the game as far as I'm concerned. stopped watching the nfl because of the greedy fuggs, so much for the ncaa too.