Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Purple paint law

Floki

https://farmoffice.osu.edu/blog/tue...enate-consider-“purple-paint-law”-trespassing

The “purple paint law” proposed by Sen. Bill Coley (R-Liberty Twp.) allows landowners to use purple paint to alert potential trespassers of property boundary lines. The purple paint would serve the same purpose as a “No Trespassing” sign by indicating that a person does not have permission to enter the property.Mar 14, 2017

This has recently passed in other states.(Indiana most recent)I’ve been trying to find where it is now in the house. Can’t seem to find anything.

Anyhow I hope this goes through. Seems the road crew around here likes to tear my signs off. Would be some much better to have this law in effect.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Why purple? With the typical yellow and red for caution and stop being the norm. Oh well, politicians will create something new.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Why purple? With the typical yellow and red for caution and stop being the norm. Oh well, politicians will create something new.

I thought I read somewhere it is for color blindness purposes...Must be a commonly used trespassing excuse. I know nothing about color blindness...Just remember seeing that in an article once before.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Have seen purple in other states. Yes it won’t stop a trespasser but it will let the law abiding person realize where he is not supposed to be. IMO it’s better than signs that can be costly reoccurrence and jack wagons just tear them down or shoot them.

Here in Louisiana nothing is needed to mark boundaries. It is the responsibility of the person to know where he is walking/hunting and can/will be cited for trespassing.

Bowkills

Nw oh
I saw this in Indiana along the road. I thought damn the loggers are taking all the junk trees now too....haha

Reactions: "J"

Floki

I like it because it keeps an honest person honest. Plus people can’t rip purple paint off the tree. One can of paint makes a lot of signs..