Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Quail

1hornwilly

*Supporting Member III*
Not sure where to post this, but I may be hittin' some quail soon. I got invited to go on a hunt and it's gonna be pretty awesome. Here's what I want to know. I've never quail hunted and wondered what gun I should take or buy... I have a single shot .410, .20, and a couple pump 12's. I assume all of them will kill a bird, but if you could pick a gun to quail hunt, what make/ model/ gauge would you choose?

Give me something in the medium range ($1500 or lower)...I ain't looking for a $20,000 collectors item to add to a gun show cabinet...just something that will do the job and I know will go bang when I pull the trigger.

Thanks fellas.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
i would pick a double gun up preferrably with screw in chokes cause you gonna want and open pattern and 8's

FredT

SE Ohio
I picked up a nice stainless 20 gage SKB O/U with choke tubes a couple of years ago. I think I paid about $1000.00 for it at Cabela's. Been real happy with it. The cheap 100 count ammo packs from Walmart work well in it. Good quail loads they are.

Buckrun

Did Ithaca make that model? I would like to see a pic of that.
I have a 28 gage Wingmaster that is a sweet heart.
I been looking at some Wingmasters at the gun show. I have had a 12 ga since I was 18 years old. I'd love to get a 28 ga.! I should get a whole set. They are the best pump guns you can own in my opinion.