Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Quantum isn’t the only one in the know IKS too.....

rooster85

Lake County
Thanks everybody. I was a little worried I wouldn't find him and was contemplating hanging up the bow for the remainder of the season....one thing I will do is look at different broad heads, I never have great blood with these. Anyway, thanks again guys, it's great being able to share with such a great group of sportsman!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Thanks everybody. I was a little worried I wouldn't find him and was contemplating hanging up the bow for the remainder of the season....one thing I will do is look at different broad heads, I never have great blood with these. Anyway, thanks again guys, it's great being able to share with such a great group of sportsman!
You shooting Montecs by chance?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Yes I am.....
Not a real comforting endorsement when I guess right with only one clue is it?!? 😂

I ran 29" arrows clean through 2 deer last year and neither shot was lethal. Both were tipped with Montecs. I own up to not hitting the 10-ring, or even the 8, but a bigger, sharper head kills them both. Even my 2012 buck which I drilled, went way further than necessary. Again, a Montec tipped arrow. They fly great, but I'm less than impressed with the blade angle and sharpness, not to mention the small cutting diameter. I need a broadhead that had my back on the occasions I'm not perfect. This bad boy will do that!

Grim Reaper Whitetail Pro endorsed by the legendary JohnR, therefore good enough for me!

rooster85

Lake County
I've shot several deer with Montecs, lost one and almost a second. A doe I shot last year, I only knew where she dropped because I heard her crash. Soaked arrow, NO blood to follow. Zipped a nice buck, he walked off and died. No blood. I've got many examples lol. I'm done with them. Will be buying different heads this week.