Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Questions about a FREE Glock 24

I have been given the choice between a Springfield Armory 1911 45acp, Compact Carry (model V10), in SS finish.... OR a Glock 24, in .40 caliber with a 6" barrel. :smiley_chinrub:

The Glock 24 is NOT a "c" model, just a 24.
* Also, could the 24 model be converted into a shorter version of a .40 cal.? Obviously, a new shorter barrel and slide would have to be purchased.

Which one would you choose and why? :smiley_confused_vra

Thank you, Bowhunter57

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I would take the 1911.
In spit of the 1911 article recently posted, I have never experienced a problem in any way with any of mine.
I have many many after-market options with the 1911 somewhat limited w/ the Glock... JMO

Best of luck with the decision!
Let us know!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
The 1911 for sure. The reasons are JMHO but...

It is worth way more.
Generally better accuracy.
The V10 is badass.
Springer > Glock
Resale higher/easier
Better demand

On and on.

Beentown

I shot the Glock 24, this evening and wasn't that impressed with it. I ran 3 different types of ammo through it, but I have a Smith & Wesson M&P in 9mm that is 3x as accurate with 147gr. JHP ammo. I had thought the Glock could be used as a varmint hunting handgun, but the trigger really sucks.

I'm definately going with the SA 1911 and it will be my next CCW. :smiley_bril:

I purchased this handgun a couple of months back with money sent to me with the intent for me to purchase it for my Dad. Well, when I presented it to him, he showed me this Glock 24 and then asked... "Which one would you like to have? I only want one of them and you can have the other one." :smiley_chinrub: All this was a complete shock to me and you can see the SA in this thread:
www.theohiooutdoors.com/showthread.php?2881-Springfield-Armory-45

Thank you, for the replies, gentlemen!
Good hunting, Bowhunter57

Last edited: