Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Rain gear

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I'm looking for a new set of rain gear. Something that will definitely keep you dry for a day in the stand. Also looking to take it up to Maine for my bear hunt at the end of August.

Reactions: Big_Holla

Jamie

Ohio
lol, yes, I don't think you can lose with Sitka gear, but I don't have any of their rain gear. yet. :D

Cabela's MTO50 has served me pretty well for over 20 years. wore out one set, bought another which I still have. bibs and a jacket. it's quiet, comfortable, fairly packable, and keeps me as dry as anything can in a treestand or boat for hours on end with no shelter. adequately designed, not sure about the quality any more as I've had this for nearly 10 years. I just don't wear it often any more. don't have or want to hunt in the rain like I used to. if the cost is similar, I would definitely put my money on Sitka.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sitka has several options that are all excellent.

I have the Downpour jacket and pants. 100% gore tex and a brushed face, so very quiet compared to other rain gear. I have spent more than a couple days wearing it in the treestand during all day soakers and it has performed far above my expectations. As with all things Sitka… it’s bit spendy, but worth every penny in my opinion.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Rain Gear ?? Can't help you here... Don't own any as I don't hunt in the rain... Hunted very little in the rain when I was younger with little success... Therefore now that I'm older Ill pick my days when I can enjoy myself and stay inside nice and dry and leave those wet miserable days for you young guys...

• Haha
Reactions: HE>I and "J"
I have been looking at this for a while now. Even though it's Scent Blocker I wouldn't be buying it for that necessarily but as nicely made rain gear and the price. Just not sure now well the 'waterproof' will hold up. I have an old Mossy Oak rain jacket that absolutely does not stop rain any more so someday I need to make a change.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Is this true, cause I really care to know, thanks!

"So I paid big money for a sitka fanatic vest and a sitka ball cap. Look at the tags and its all made in china!"

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Is this true, cause I really care to know, thanks!

"So I paid big money for a sitka fanatic vest and a sitka ball cap. Look at the tags and its all made in china!"
Manufactured in China and other countries overseas, yes. For the most part.

steveOh

Dayton Area
lol, yes, I don't think you can lose with Sitka gear, but I don't have any of their rain gear. yet. :D

Cabela's MTO50 has served me pretty well for over 20 years. wore out one set, bought another which I still have. bibs and a jacket. it's quiet, comfortable, fairly packable, and keeps me as dry as anything can in a treestand or boat for hours on end with no shelter. adequately designed, not sure about the quality any more as I've had this for nearly 10 years. I just don't wear it often any more. don't have or want to hunt in the rain like I used to. if the cost is similar, I would definitely put my money on Sitka.

I used the MT050 rain suit for years for hunting and fishing. It's quiet & comfortable and stuffs into my day pack. It has lost its rain protection but it shows hardly any wear and I still wear it during a damp morning and for a wind break, camo has not faded.

Bigcountry40

I use a frog tog top and cut the boot bottoms off my old neoprene bib waders as my bottoms and tuck them into my rubber boots. wear the bottoms in snow as well.

Reactions: Chancegriffis

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
@Hedgelj, First Lite has a big sale going on right now if you're still looking.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Reactions: bowhunter1023