Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Random weather thread

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
We got every bit of 8-10" with drifts above my knees (or @giles crotch).

Kubota sucks in this much, needed the tractor to pull it free. Spent probably 6 hours in the skid steer on the farm, our house and the in-laws and the was with the tractor helping.

But it's done!
Pssh. 6hrs. That is how much sleep I've had in the last three days. 🤪🤪

Heading back out. BUT. . . You were opening the family properties up. I'm making a living at it. 6hrs is a long time cleaning up around the houses.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
3 weeks! I think it was 2014' the last time that happened here. Crazy
Clays 3 weeks reference is a little different than what you’re thinking Dave, we could see a little white here and there, mostly snow piles from where it was shoveled or plowed.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
15* and everything looks like it's made out of glass outdoors in this bitter cold morning. Hope everyone is staying nice & warm today!

20220205_080810.jpg

20220205_080653.jpg

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Pssh. 6hrs. That is how much sleep I've had in the last three days. 🤪🤪

Heading back out. BUT. . . You were opening the family properties up. I'm making a living at it. 6hrs is a long time cleaning up around the houses.
There's a distinct difference and i hope you got some sleep and you and your crews made it through safely.

For reference (and this is my first winter doing this) after our last snow it took me under 2 hours to do the same amount of work. Actually had to move some of the piles because they were taller than i could lift over. Got the skid steer stuck a time or two and had to use the bucket to move me so I'd get traction.

The Breckenridge vanilla porter and midwinters night dram tasted delicious last night.

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
Shit, my bad… You didn’t give the NC bad weather bat signal!!!
Pssh. How many weeks do you think it would take NCDOT to deal with 10" of snow? I'm guessing errything would be shut down for at least a week and a half.