Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Random weather thread

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
15 degress for saturday morning. My kid is going to look like ralphys little brother but he will be out.
I'm actually thinking about changing the location my son and i hunt to a blind so i can pre-stock it with the buddy heater and propane. Considering he was in sitka fanatic bibs AND an IWOM last year for gun season opener.

Left field

Just started snowing on pad at work ,couple more hours and days off come on !
2B29CFCF-41E2-42CC-B19F-CC5A35FD19DE.jpeg

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
If you use a buddy heater, don't be overdressed if you're in a popup. Try having a 20 ilb hooked up if you can.
I was planning on using the smaller buddy heater that only connects to a mini bottle. I do have the bigger one and the hose and tanks but will save that for another location.

Mr. Heater F215100 MH4B Little Buddy 3800-BTU Indoor Safe Propane Heater, Medium , Black/Red https://a.co/d/e6HSXfb

This is what i was planning on using.

Reactions: Big_Holla

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
@Jackalope, did the tornados miss you overnight? Looks like those storms fucked things up good.

Had a couple of lightshow cells scream through GC last night. Close enough you could see the flash through closed eyes and blinds. Thunder clap was almost instantaneous.

Looks like the worst of what we got went right over you @giles . Hope everyone is OK!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm not one of these Chicken Little guys in regards to snow storms. Social media "weather people" have created a monster with darn near every snow storm forming. On the one moving in I have heard "blizzard" mentioned too many times to include NBC and main stream media using the word "blizzard."

That said, I think we all need to be ready for this one. Not necessarily due to snow amounts though, but due to cold and winds. They are talking flash freeze. Think: power line freezes and power outages. They are talking 50mph winds. Again think: trees falling on power lines, houses, cars. Maybe the scary part is the extreme swing in temps. Close to 40 Thursday, and dropping to -30 with wind-chill Friday.

Fuel up your spare gas cans. Get your emergency food supplies and water. Fire up the generator before you need it. If you don't need any of it? That is excellent. If you need it? You'll be glad you did it before it was negative wind chill.