Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Random weather thread

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
This is exactly how the drought of ‘88 started 😐

shocked-lol.gif

Your memory is impressive my friend lol!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I was 6 and remember it because that's when we switched to bottled water due to restrictions and quality issues that came up due to usage. Other than at school, I never drank tap water again. You were more likely to find a gallon of water in our fridge than a gallon of milk the whole time I lived at home.

Regarding quality, they made a Netflix movie about our area as a result of our water quality, so we've always been a little sensitive to what's in the water! 😂

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Murphy's Law. Bitch about needing rain, then mother fuck it when it shows up unannounced 😂

Enjoyed a leisurely morning thinking I had until dark to get work done. Got half my mowing done and it starting pouring. Pretty solid rain for 15-20 minutes with more on the horizon before midnight. Definitely needed it and someone enjoyed playing in it!

20230603_174712.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dang, next rd of 10 day only has 1 day, this coming Sunday at 7 days away with only any kind of chance. Wheat will be destroyed, corn and bean seedlings will shrivel. Get ure rain dance shoes and paint warmed up!!
Sounds like our forecast as well. Drove back from Cumberland Lake today. Sections along the highway were looking crispy already. July/August crispy. Not good.