Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Random weather thread

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
So corn sweats, cow farts and cow patties are making us hot, miserable, and killing us all. Funny there's no comparison to downtown concrete jungle temps, black asphalt parking temps, or building rooftop temps. But we'll make sure your car gives youba reminder to look in the back seat for your child b/c of inside car temps.

I hope these are the same hypocrites who think we should expedite the Amazon Jungle destruction, God forbid its creating its own weather 😫

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We got a decent rain here yesterday, which is much needed since we're in the second to worst drought stage that's possible. People are saying it's the worst since '88 and '89, which is coincidentally when my family stopped drinking tap water and switched to bottled. @5Cent was at our farm last weekend and can attest to how bad it was. Our fall "colors" are 6-8 weeks ahead of schedule and there will be no color except for yellow and brown. Soybeans took it hard this year and there's corn damn near ready to pick. Tough summer down south.

Bighoun52

In the woods
Was at our place yesterday. It’s a dust bowl. Creeks are dry and like bowhunter the leaves are turning and dying. Maybe some rain there Saturday but really only chance in forecast

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Screenshot_20240829_133824_Facebook.jpg

My Lord, I hope we can all rejoice in this rediscovery of how plants work!

Can you imagine the convo that took place about the heat and amount of sweat happening. Not sure if you know, but corn is a great listener...with all those big ears!!