Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Rate A Movie or TV Show That You Watched Recently

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Took Karissa to see The Revenant the day it came out and we both liked it! The bear attack scene is soooo unbelievably real looking!

Not many "great 10 rated movies" out there these days!imo

Both Horrible Bosses movies are funny!

Took my wife and daughters to see the new release, Sisters that's was entertaining and funny.

Just a few that i really liked that if you haven't seen that are worth watching:

Just Cause-suspense
Runaway Jury-drama
Heartbreak Kid-Funny
Good Will Hunting-drama
Finding Forrester-drama
Men of Honor-drama
The Edge-suspense/drama

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Did you ever watch Breaking Bad? I was late to the party on that one but I was hooked on that last winter
Me too... Late as fugg to that party, but glad I finally made it. That's the best series I've ever watched. I still have the entire series on my DVR because I can't bear the thought of deleting it.

Mad Men is also a fantastic AMC series.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I just watched " In the heart of the sea " Somewhat based on the inspiration for the book ... Moby Dick. I really liked it & I'm not big into movies. On another note, I started to watch the new Star Wars movie, but I'm just not into any of that, so I turned it off.

We took the kids to see the new Star Wars movie. Really liked it. Erin and I had seen the "first" three when we were kids. So we had to go back to watch Episodes 1/2/3, and now we are getting ready to watch the original Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi with the kids. This will put us in order from the start. I wouldn't say we are Star Wars "fans". We are definitely not fanatics. It is pretty cool to watch them again with the kids and see their reactions to the originals.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Series that we DVR and Watch regularly have been:

Chicago Fire, Chicago PD, Blacklist, Big Bang Theory, and Quantico. All of these have been pretty decent and have kept our interest.

antiqucycle

East Ohio
TCM played "Kelly's Heros" on Saturday, One of the best WW2 movies staring Clint Eastwood, Telly Savalas, Donald Sutherland and some other older actors, Carroll O'Connor.

I saw Revenant last week, its nowhere near a movie like "Jeremiah Johnson". Revenant is someone returning after death, like a ghost. I found the fact that Jim Bridger was appearing to be an 18 year old kid, puzzling. And the fact that everyone used a flintlock rather than a Hawken, seemed to be out of its time period.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
I really liked "The Revenant", the wife not so much. But it didn't come close to replacing "Dances With Wolves" as my all time favorite movie.[/QUOTE]

So Im not the only one. I love Dances With Wolves. I could watch it over and over. The Revenant was good, but a little weird to me. I have the Amazon fire TV Stick Hacked, so I get to watch all of the new movies from home. Its nice, when it actually works.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
The HBO series "Deadwood". Wish I had a dollar for every time they said "Co*k Sucker", lol.

The series Las Vegas was good also.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
We got an Amazon Fire Stick for Christmas and have been watching Breaking Bad. We only have 4 episodes left in the series and I have to say it ranks right up there with my favorite series of all time, The Sopranos.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
We got an Amazon Fire Stick for Christmas and have been watching Breaking Bad. We only have 4 episodes left in the series and I have to say it ranks right up there with my favorite series of all time, The Sopranos.

Did you feel like it started out kind of slow? My wife and I watched the first two episodes and she isn't sure she even wants to keep watching it. I told her it had to get better, the series gets high ranks now matter where you look.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Did you feel like it started out kind of slow? My wife and I watched the first two episodes and she isn't sure she even wants to keep watching it. I told her it had to get better, the series gets high ranks now matter where you look.
I think it started a little slow but it gets better quick. It's one of those shows that crosses the line of reality and TV. You see stuff on the news and wonder how it effects Walter and Jesse. Of course than you realize Walter and Jesse aren't real. We should finish the series this week.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I think it started a little slow but it gets better quick. It's one of those shows that crosses the line of reality and TV. You see stuff on the news and wonder how it effects Walter and Jesse. Of course than you realize Walter and Jesse aren't real. We should finish the series this week.

Good to know, I plan on watching it regardless, but will pass this along to the wife. Thanks