Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Real World herbicides and adjuvants used with application results in food plot crops.

Stressless

Keene, OH
Five years ago I was thinking of using IMOX and found the thread started by CSPOT. His results, detailed in that thread on this forum, helped me conclude it would be a good addition to my war on weeds in a legume crop. Since then I've used some other herbicides and had varying degrees of success battling the various unwanted native and non-native plants that thrive in TOO.

Somewhere in that middle space between scientific Absorptivity and bioassay results and 'I threw some poison in a tank and drove in circles until it was gone and never went back to check.'

Been thinking on a thread(s) to normalize a way to elucidate real world results on this public forum based on herbicides and additives that many folks use. I kinda expect some of it to devolve into "What food plot crop is best" - which is subjective, and not the point of what helps the particular crop the best. I think it would help most food plotters to hear and see "Real Talk" or real world TOO examples of "What food plot herbicide and additives control noxious weeds the best" with the food plot crop being a constant, based on whatever the food plotter wants to grow.

What kicked it off is nutsedge kicking my butt in my legume plots and there's not much at all except lots of folks with the same issues. I found Pemex but almost no 'examples' of results of normal food plotters using it. It's a "Son of IMOX".

Last edited:

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I did a quick video on this topic. Or atleast a start of it.

To best use herbicides we must first understand how they work and the way add ons help the herbicide or hurt it.

Reactions: Stressless

Stressless

Keene, OH
Thx Al, what would be your goto surfactant in the Gly burndown example and why?

Blue Dawn dishwashing soap doesn't address if it's an non-ionic and I think many folks use it as the defacto easy and cheap surfactant. From what I've seen, crop oil and MSO shouldn't be used because it'll 'bind' with the Gly and reduse it's effectivness.