Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Really.... WTF!

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
So I drove an hour to my new spot that I put tons of hours and hard work into this summer to check my 3 trail cams and as Im walking through the plot towards my camera I notice...... ITS GONE!!!! Python lock still attached to the tree just snapped the back of the Bushnell T.C. right off!!! Talk about PISSED.... I got a real good feeling I know who it is also! Now I was hoping that my other two were still there.... they were alot more hidden so I didnt get to worried. Luckly my other two cams were still there but I pulled them down and figured the hell with it... I know for the most part whats there.... IM soooo freakin tired of people stealing my shit, i swear im gonna start putting another camera out hidding facing the main cam to catch people walking up to it! any way the one cam that has been producing showed a new buck but none of the old ones.... At least I know the main travel route their taking!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Dude... that fuggin sucks I hate thieves..... should be able too cut their hands off....

Last edited:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I hate thieves. I so want to take an empty cam housing and attach a short piece of electric fence, transformer, and solar panels for the batteries to it and have some jackhole fug with it then.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Fuggin sucks Rutin! Hate hearing these stories and I think just about everyone has fallen/falls victim to these theifs at some point.

Really like the idea Adam but I can't seem to think you would end up getting screwed somethow for doing something like that.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Glue razorblades to the bottom of the cams. Then you can follow the blood trail and find the theif.

I dig it!!! Yea it def sucks... I lose about 2-3 cams a year due to thieves. Trust me I have had plenty of opportunities with tresspassers and their equipment but I leave notes and magically they take their stuff down and leave! Oh well, luckly Ive got other properties to chase whitetails on.

Kujo

Maumee, OH
that sucks man. When my camera got messed with I just tried to think about the fact that there must be a huge buck hanging around there and getting it on the ground before the asshole that fucked up my camera. Not to mention the rush you get when that arrow goes thwak! shouldn't have too put up with the bullshit, but I hope karma shows up this year for all the dumassed that do that shit!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
That sucks. I hate a theif.... Hope they get whats coming to them. Karma can be a bitch, and I hope that's the case for the bastard that stole your camera.

On a lighter note while hanging a camera yesterday, I noticed somebody else had a camera hung along the fence row. I'm fairly confident I know who it belongs to, and they have permission to hunt there too. So, after I hung my camera, I took the same path back out, knowing I was going to pass the other guy's camera. As I got closer I decided to test the trigger speed on it by walking on my hands & doing cart wheels past it!!! I actually hope I bump into the person this fall and see if they say anything... rotflmao