Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Recloud's 2014/15 season

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good stuff Adam! I enjoy hunting from the ground too my friend. I found a place once that sat high in a side hollar behind a 36" beech tree that gave you the impression you were hunting from a stand. The prevailing wind was usually blowing up the hollar in your face with a scrape line and pinch down below about 25 yards away. Ron and I both scored on bucks from that spot but eventually lost it when the farm sold.
That big beech prolly still has "151" P&Y 10 taken from here" carved in it TOO" lol

You and Dave keep hunting hard! They're locked down right now but they'll be cruising again very soon! Hope you both kill a goodin! Good luck

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Good stuff Adam! I enjoy hunting from the ground too my friend. I found a place once that sat high in a side hollar behind a 36" beech tree that gave you the impression you were hunting from a stand. The prevailing wind was usually blowing up the hollar in your face with a scrape line and pinch down below about 25 yards away. Ron and I both scored on bucks from that spot but eventually lost it when the farm sold.
That big beech prolly still has "151" P&Y 10 taken from here" carved in it TOO" lol

You and Dave keep hunting hard! They're locked down right now but they'll be cruising again very soon! Hope you both kill a goodin! Good luck

You want to know something funny Ric? The tree I have been sitting under is a double trunk beech tree lmao. Hope I kill a 151 from mine lol.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That pretty cool Adam! I love the big old beech cuz they can hide my fat ass better!

Why do you think I sat behind a double trunk tree lol. I'm not nearly as skinny as I once was lol.

I take it back Ric. It's a shagbark hickory that I was sitting under not a beech tree. I don't know what I was thinking lol. Guess it's TOO early to talk about trees lol. There are a few beech trees out there and I have found the few turkey we have like to roost in them.

Last edited:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Just needed to update my stats before I forgot lol. See if I can get back out this weekend to add to the numbers.

AM Sits: 0
PM Sits: 8
Hours on Stand: 24
Doe Sightings: 11
Buck Sightings: 5
Doe Shot: 1

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
If you're able to get out this weekend Adam, good luck! The big Boyz should be about ready to come off that hot doe they e been courting this past week and back on the prowl for more! Be near a pinch or a doe bedding area this next 7-10 days as much as you can buddy! Keep on keeping buddy!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
If you're able to get out this weekend Adam, good luck! The big Boyz should be about ready to come off that hot doe they e been courting this past week and back on the prowl for more! Be near a pinch or a doe bedding area this next 7-10 days as much as you can buddy! Keep on keeping buddy!

Going to post up on the north side of the bedding area this morning and see if I can catch a buck lol.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Seen one small buck this morning. Seen 4 other hunters though. Also found out one of them gut shot the bigger 8pt last night and they jumped it 8 hours after the shot. Bet they don't find it either. Back to being overrun with hunters and only small trash bucks for now.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
The one that didn't get away

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416202544216.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416202544216.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 281