Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Redemption Shot Doe

I shot and missed this doe, 2 weeks ago. 🙄 I was mad at myself for letting this doe rattle me. :mad: I thought I seen the shaft of the arrow bounce off of her back.

This morning, I watched as this doe walked towards me from across a bean field. At the time I didn't know it was the same doe, but I hoped it was when she stopped and stood there. 🤔 At 22 yards, I drew and took the shot. I watched the arrow zip thru her and stick in the ground on the other side, as she ran 40 yards back into the bean field. She stood there wagging her tail, then bounded another 25 yards and fell over. 👍 It wasn't until I drug her out of the bean field and rolled her over to see the exit wound, that I noticed the slash in her back from 2 weeks ago. Wow! What are the odds?!?! 💯:cool:
Elite Ritual 30 @ 57#, Grizzly 150 gr. single bevel, on a 520 TAW Gold Tip Hunter XT 300.

I'm getting the meat processed and giving it to the guy that has let me hunt his property for many years. Earlier this summer, his house burnt to the ground and this will help feed him and his family. :)
Doe 1.jpg

Doe 2.jpg

Doe 2A.jpg

Doe 3.jpg

Doe 4.jpg

Doe 5.jpg

I thought I might add....
This was my first kill with my new Elite Ritual 30, first kill with a single bevel broadhead and first kill with my new heavy arrow build. 💯 As soon as I released the arrow, it flew like it was on a string...straight to her shoulder and gave a quick "plop" sound, as it passed thru.

My first thought was, "Dead! She's dead!".
Love it, when a plan finally comes together! :)

And were you using the same bow?
Was the miss out of a saddle or a stand? Congrats on round 2 success.
The miss was out of my Summit Viper and so was the finishing shot, this morning. The trees that I've been hunting lately, are better suited for the Summit. Not that the tree saddle couldn't be used, but the location of the tree made shooting out of the Summit easier.

I've been using my Elite Ritual 30 all year long at 3D shoots and backyard practice. I purchased it late in the season, last year and was trying to get some blood on it, before the season ended.

Reactions: hickslawns

whitetailjunky3

Awesome story! The world needs more guys like you willing to help a neighbor out. It would be alot better place. This will be my first season with fixed blade single bevels. I am nervous myself about the switch but this makes me feel better!

Reactions: Bowhunter57
Awesome story! The world needs more guys like you willing to help a neighbor out. It would be alot better place. This will be my first season with fixed blade single bevels. I am nervous myself about the switch but this makes me feel better!
Thanks! 🙂
You're gonna love the results you get with a single bevel. 👍 It's the only type of broadhead that I'd shoot out of a traditional bow. My biggest concern was making sure they were razor sharp and using a leather strop made all the difference for achieving that goal. 💯
Not only did the killing shot "spit" through the deer, but the previous "miss" that skipped off her back, left a decent gash. When I pull one out of the quiver to put it on the string, I'm extremely careful that the blade edge doesn't touch anything. o_O

Reactions: whitetailjunky3