Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Remington 870 express

rrr

Not really sure. Not sure why you would buy a mossburg made for remington, that dont add up.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I had a Mossy and a Hastings cantilever for my 870. The Mossy held a better group...with the shells I had available (5 types).

Beentown

rrr

Don't you think there are merits of matching manufacturer? I see this with ammo too...I shoot an 870 - why not start with the green and yellow slug boxes?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Nope. If it can be made, it can be copied. Doesn't matter who owns the machine.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I just bought the barrel w/Bushnell scope combo for $174, delivered to my local Walmart. You can't beat that.
So, what slugs are you shooting?
Thanks

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I just bought the barrel w/Bushnell scope combo for $174, delivered to my local Walmart. You can't beat that.
So, what slugs are you shooting?
Thanks

In the woods believe it or not I am shooting. these for 100 yard groups like a softball. 5 bucks a box.

For a true Sabot it will shoot these into 2 inch groups.

It will shoot Rem Copper solids great to. But i have had 2 of them just blow to pieces in a deer.

I agree the Kent KO's are a good slug

I have never hit a deer at 100 yds with them

But at 75 yds last year
I broke the front shoulder closest to me and it exited just past the last rib on the off side
That doe when straight down

At 100 , I get 3-4" groups with the KO slugs
More than good enough for me

John

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
I hunt alot of open ground and like the Winchester Supremes. Pricey for sure but I seldom think about ammo costs when I am judging the distance and can I make the shot. I killed a yote at 110 yards and my buck was every bit of 80+ facing me, small kill zone. I want to do the yardage, windage, and put the crosshairs where they need to be and not worry.

BTW Mike I have a 12 pack carton full of boxes of slugs Ray gave me. All different brands and styles, come on out with your new toy and lets see what fits best. You need to get get your meat anyway.......bring beer.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I hunt alot of open ground and like the Winchester Supremes. Pricey for sure but I seldom think about ammo costs when I am judging the distance and can I make the shot. I killed a yote at 110 yards and my buck was every bit of 80+ facing me, small kill zone. I want to do the yardage, windage, and put the crosshairs where they need to be and not worry.

BTW Mike I have a 12 pack carton full of boxes of slugs Ray gave me. All different brands and styles, come on out with your new toy and lets see what fits best. You need to get get your meat anyway.......bring beer.

Sounds good to me.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
So I went and shot my 870 for the first time with the fully rifled mossberg scope combo that was supposedly bore sighted at the factory. Bore sighted my ass! I started at 50 yards. Nothing. Then 25 yards. Nothing. Then 10 yards. Six inches low! LOL!:smiley_crazy:

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
How did it do after that?

I said fugg it and went home. I'm going to bore sight it in the basement and then give it another shot Tuesday. I shot My Savage ML-II. That gun is sweet. I'm going to cuddle with it. I'm all new to the gun world. This is only my second year shooting.