Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Remote Control Decoys

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Does anyone know (for sure) of the legality of remote control turkey decoys in Ohio. I know it's legal in NC and WV. It's a very gray area in the laws in my opinion. I actually have one and have played with it preseason....it works and is a pile of fun.

It's hard to video and operate Robo-Turkey at the same time.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
They have a Tom on a remote control motor that makes it look like he’s breeding a hen, or dry humping the ground....
My buddy used it to kill some turkeys this year...

HowardL

OH
I haven't even heared about them, but the 2nd video is impressive! Seems like these moving decoys really work! I'll check out them on amazon to see, whether they are expensive or no. I plan on taking my sons for my next turkey hunt, and believe it will be fun for them to see this thing in action...

Does anyone know (for sure) of the legality of remote control turkey decoys in Ohio.

The Ohio regulations state that no electronic calls are allowed, but no mention of electronic decoys. Waterfowl hunting allows electronic decoys, so I see no reason why you couldn't use them for turkeys.

As long as the electronic decoy only moves and doesn't make any turkey calls/sounds, you're good to go!

Bowhunter57

Reactions: Spencie

Floki

Well shit! I posted this idea on another forum a few years ago..

I’ve had an idea for a muzzle loader for years. Don’t know how many different places (gun manufacturers) I’ve called. Never even got a call back.

The whole invent an idea is a crock of shit. Not trying to hinack thread just saying

Anyhow somebody just became a millionaire..