Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Road kill city!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Driving back from WV Sunday we brought 77N to 70W over to 75N. We lost count, but there were at a minimum 30-40 roadkills. Surprised the heck out of me. Nearly got a buck to add to the pile of carnage on the way home as well. Anyone else notice an increase lately?

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I seriously use this as an indicator of how things are working. I spend a ton of time on the road. The more the bodies stack up, the more I know it's time to hunt!!!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I seriously use this as an indicator of how things are working. I spend a ton of time on the road. The more the bodies stack up, the more I know it's time to hunt!!!

weellll then, anywhere from WV north on I-77 to I-70 should be prime time right now. haha

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I'll be heading SE next week. Can't wait to get close to roadkill city, aka splattsville.

Work has me on the road all over Ohio, from Cinci to Cleveland, and Toledo to Portsmouth. There has definitely been an increase in the carnage over the last week or so. Seen a few decapitated carcasses along the roadside. Makes me want to start thinking about carrying a saw and some garbage bags in the truck.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
You Should see the road kills I drive by from Washington County going 79 North to the Pittsbugh Airport!! Every two weeks I have to pick up the Co. Man. I have seen at least 7 or 8 freaking awesome bucks, what a shame. Two of them I saw the rack sticking up before I saw the body. Dang!!