Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Roamer is back!

Kaiser878

ohio
Last eyar as a 3 y/o

This year as a 4 y/o

I need to get a better look, but I think I finally found a target. My buddy has both his sheds from last year. He looks to have added mass and beam length, tines look better also!

Kaiser878

ohio
I must admit I am pretty excited about seeing this deer again. My buddy found hsi sheds last year, so we knew he made it. What kinda scared me is that we didnt see him at all in velvet. Although, last year he didnt start showing up until Oct 10, or right around there. So he is about 10 days early. If he plays the same game he did last year he will get an arrow. Like I said before, he got 6 or 7 free rides last year. We named him roamer because he would go about 1.5 miles abotu every night. from my buddies cam, to my cam, to my neighbors cam. HE is a very mobile deer, which its surprising he didnt get killed. But hopefully he comes and plays with me or my buddy this year.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
has you established the route he takes to the properties when he is moving?

Kaiser878

ohio
has you established the route he takes to the properties when he is moving?

Milo,
At this point i have not. Like I said, he jsut showed up yesterday morning for the first time. SO I will keep my eye on him, or I should say out for him and see what he is doing. I have a pretty good idea where he is bedding now. It isnt by my house, it is about 1/2-3/4 of a mile away. My buddy doesnt like to sit in new spots and I know where I Would like to sit, but he wont be for it. Its his property the buck is on rt now, so I go by his rules. I am just waiting for him to start his "roaming" pattern. I Am still not 100% that I will shoot this deer, but so far from the looks of it, I think he might jsut make the cut!

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Milo,
At this point i have not. Like I said, he jsut showed up yesterday morning for the first time. SO I will keep my eye on him, or I should say out for him and see what he is doing. I have a pretty good idea where he is bedding now. It isnt by my house, it is about 1/2-3/4 of a mile away. My buddy doesnt like to sit in new spots and I know where I Would like to sit, but he wont be for it. Its his property the buck is on rt now, so I go by his rules. I am just waiting for him to start his "roaming" pattern. I Am still not 100% that I will shoot this deer, but so far from the looks of it, I think he might jsut make the cut!

deer hunters are just weird sometimes....goodluck bud

Kaiser878

ohio
Wait isnt that the one he called flyer? That deer is aobut 20 inches smaller than this one. But the sitcker is way bigger out of the base than roamers!