Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Rowing Machines

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I've only heard great comments about the Peloton bikes. But I just can't get over the up front cost and long term costs of owning one. It seems crazy. I would love to own one, but I'd have a hard time justifying it. That being said, I don't know if a rowing machine is a great approach either. They are an awesome total-body exercise machine... But I just can't imagine that I would personally stay interested in one for very long. I think I'd get bored with it pretty quickly. That's where the Peloton system really shines. The interaction with trainers and peers, and the varying programs, that would KEEP you interested. And let's face it, interest and motivation is what's going to keep you on it regularly. There's certainly a lot of value in that aspect of the Peloton.
Several of the rowers have the same options as the Peloton when it comes to group interaction and ways to keep it challenging and entertaining.

Reactions: at1010 and aholdren

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Several of the rowers have the same options as the Peloton when it comes to group interaction and ways to keep it challenging and entertaining.
I had no idea. That would certainly help! A rower is definitely more of a full body workout than a stationary bike... So if there's software to keep it interesting, it would sure seem to be a solid option.

We are kind of debating the same thing and leaning towards the peloton. My wifes new job pays for one time purchase of gym equipment up to 500 dollars. They also pay up to 400 in annual gym memberships and or online subscriptions for the family regardless if you use their health insurance. Pretty ironic that a company that manufactures food for mcdonalds likes to encourage fitness.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Got tired of waiting on Rogue to fire up production. Ordered the Norditrack RW700 and had it in 2 days. Just did 1,600m and broke a good sweat. This thing will serve it's purpose that's for sure.

20210216_172236.jpg