Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ryan and Cam’s 2020 Trapline

Eye Spy

Willard, OH
Not exactly trapping but trapping related in a round about way. Earlier this season, I lost a coyote due to defect in my earth anchor. Last night we killed her on another farm about a mile to the east.
A quick recap of the night. Cold, dark, windy conditions when we started around 10:00. The first two sets were nothing but fields filled with deer and coon. We started set #3 with a series of mouse squeaks but saw nothing except mice scattered throughout the field. 🤔. About the 20 minute mark, we switched to a rabbit in distress and had a coyote crest a hill and come into our setup. He didn’t like something because just before getting a shot, he turned and bolted. We were disappointed in not getting a shot but tuned the rabbit in distress back on. Within seconds, I spotted a second yote coming in and my brother gave him a dirt nap. As we were celebrating, I saw a 3rd one who was also put to sleep. Once we walked up to them, they were laying within 10 yards of each other. The female had a messed up front paw with my clip caught in her pelt. Good times
400E7D31-77C5-42DC-AF67-6FFE6F79F493.jpeg