Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

SA Hellcat Pro - Trigger Bounceback?

I have a Springfield Armory Hellcat Pro, in 9mm. When firing it, the trigger seems to have some "bounceback". It's the same sensation as a cracked baseball bat, that buzzes your hands, this trigger buzzes your index finger. o_O
I realize this isn't intended to be a range gun for target practice. Just the same, I don't enjoy shooting it, despite the excellent accuracy it produces.

Is this something that a gunsmith can adjust/fix?
....or a possible break-in period? (it has less than 50 rds. thru it)
....or is this a normal function for a Hellcat Pro? :unsure:
Hellcat Pro B.jpg

Reactions: Ohiosam

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
I TOO have a hellcat and noticed that the trigger was quite different throughout its first several boxes of ammo. Had mine for a little over a year I believe now and the trigger has definitely gotten better. Keep shooting it! Should get a bit better with a little wear.

Reactions: Bowhunter57
I TOO have a hellcat and noticed that the trigger was quite different throughout its first several boxes of ammo. Had mine for a little over a year I believe now and the trigger has definitely gotten better. Keep shooting it! Should get a bit better with a little wear.
Thanks! :) I'll make a range day and burn a couple of boxes of ammo through it. Clean it mid way thru, oil it up again and run the second box thru it. 💯
I intend on keeping it, as I like how it handles, has good accuracy and is easy to reload in competition shoots. I had an M&P that I loved how it shot, but the magazine was part of the grip and when doing a quick reload it was pretty easy to get pinched when running a reload magazine. :mad: My only option was to go with a full size M&P or the compact Hellcat Pro. Even the standard Hellcat has the mag as part of the grip. :unsure:

Big H

Medina
I carry a Springfield SD Sub Compact, which I really like. What are the major differences between the Hellcat and the SD ?

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I carry a Springfield SD Sub Compact, which I really like. What are the major differences between the Hellcat and the SD ?
Don't you mean an XD?

When doing a brief Google search it appears they are similar but the hellcat is the newer iteration with a higher potential capacity. The hellcat is also often reviewed against the p365.

Per this site ( https://www.handgunhero.com/compare...ompact-3-vs-springfield-hellcat-micro-compact ) The XD subcompact is slightly larger in most aspects. It also has the (imo unfortunate) grip safety and looks more glockish whereas the hellcat looks quite similar to the p365.

Big H

Medina
Don't you mean an XD?

When doing a brief Google search it appears they are similar but the hellcat is the newer iteration with a higher potential capacity. The hellcat is also often reviewed against the p365.

Per this site ( https://www.handgunhero.com/compare...ompact-3-vs-springfield-hellcat-micro-compact ) The XD subcompact is slightly larger in most aspects. It also has the (imo unfortunate) grip safety and looks more glockish whereas the hellcat looks quite similar to the p365.
Yes XD, sorry, didn't catch that when I was typing.

I finally made it out to the range to "test drive" this new Apex trigger and it is awesome!!! 💯 I filled a magazine and let a couple of other guys that were there at the range, try it out. I just wanted to get more opinions and make sure I wasn't the only one that thought this trigger was well worth the money. Those guys were amazed too and had questions about the Viridian green laser.
It's so much easier to keep the laser dot on the target, squeeze the trigger and hit the target....consistently. :cool: I don't even have to be looking over the weapon sights. I can shoot from the waist and as long as the green dot is on what you're wanting to hit, you're good to go. (y)