Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Scenes from yesterdays bowhunt.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm still hunting hard and giving it my all trying TOO get my deer. I climbed down at 6:10 after seeing 2 does skirting the outer edge of the barren bean field out in front of me. The wind is in my face and I placed alittle corn with a camera out in front of me at 20 yards but they just weren't coming in. They seemed TOO want to head towards the half a dozen houses at the far end of the field TOO feed. There are several home owners who are enthusiastic about feeding the wildlife but don't like hunting. This has been a big reason my success has been futile during the late season. Next year I plan on strategically starting a bigger draw than theirs somewhere on the property I've get permission to hunt on. The problem is I'll have TOO be under the radar because several other hunters who hunt the prop might find it and move in on me. By the way, it was colder than a well diggers ass after the sun set!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Got to say I admire you stick too itness lol.... I haven't been out with a bow since December before Christmas..... but been out with the beagles every chance I can..... a lot warmer walking behind dogs then sitting in the stand......

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Keep at it. You just never know when it can happen. I was out last night TOO. It was colder than cold once the sun went down.

Sitting in the stand as I am typing. A lot better as far as weather goes. Nice soft snow with no wind. Haven't been in this stand for almost a month. We will see what happens.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Hardcore man. I was in a blind Saturday evening and saw nothing until leaving. The local herd was in the cut corn about 300 yards away.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Nice pics!! Hope you get to wack one. Nothin' like tracking a deer in the snow!

I really like hunting this late into the season, but been having TOO much fun chasing geese. I'll get out one or two more times hopefully.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
good luck FS!!!! reguardless of how it turns out you put the time in and you can be proud of that...you will get what your after sooner or later... ya never know though, it could happen anytime...hope it does soon!!

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Best of luck man.

What is the height of that stand?
Looks like the nose bleed section .

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Best of luck man.

What is the height of that stand?
Looks like the nose bleed section .
about 22 feet. I pulled this stand yesterday and will be moving TOO the other side of the farm for the last weekend hunt of the year. We'll see!