Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

See Through Blinds

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
Does anyone have any experience with the kinda new “see through” material pop up blinds? I like the idea of them, but just curious how well they’ll cut the wind with that material? And what the durability is compared to the normal material. I need a new blind for the upcoming season, and that style is on my list for a contender.

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
This is what I’m referring to.
IMG_7774.jpeg
IMG_7773.jpeg

Reactions: Big_Holla

Wiley E Coyote

Wind blows in them, driving rain blows in them, sun light seems to make it brighter in them which I don't care for. You have to be more careful about being back lite in them from anything looking through the window from a side view. I really don't gain anything from the see through other then a critter close to your blind down at your feet. I'll take my old double bulls any day over the new ones!

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
See Dave that’s my problem, I am a dumb ass lol. I typically don’t depend on the blind to conceal my scent any more than a treestand and always try to the play the wind. Maybe I’ll get one of the cheaper ones and give it a whirl.

Reactions: giles

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I’ve hunted from a couple different ones and I personally don’t care for them. The issues mentioned above, first off. Secondly, and this may just be an issue with my eyes personally… The material only “works” if your eye sight is moving. What I mean by that is, if you scan your eyes around the landscape or your surroundings, it appears as see-through material. But when you focus your vision on one particular spot, it appears to obstruct your view. I actually found that it gave me a bit of a headache after hunting in it for a few hours. I’m not a fan.