Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sentry Safe Issues

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
I purchased a Sentry Safe biometric pistol safe several years ago. It's a nightstand pistol safe using key, pin, or biometrics to open. About a year ago, I noticed the lid was only opening 3/4 of the way. It was opening more than enough to grab a pistol out quickly, if necessary. I wasn't really concerned about it then. About two weeks ago, I went to open it to get the daily carry out before work. The hatch barely moved when i slid my fingers over the print reader. I had to use my fingernail to get the safe lid open. "Well that's not gonna work". After a little searching on the interwebz, I found a replacement gas strut. Replacing was very simple and the strut was cheap, 19.99 for a set of two. I'm adding the link to this product. Not sure how many of you have a similar safe, but I figured I'd share if it would help someone to fix the issue I came across.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I purchased a Sentry Safe biometric pistol safe several years ago. It's a nightstand pistol safe using key, pin, or biometrics to open. About a year ago, I noticed the lid was only opening 3/4 of the way. It was opening more than enough to grab a pistol out quickly, if necessary. I wasn't really concerned about it then. About two weeks ago, I went to open it to get the daily carry out before work. The hatch barely moved when i slid my fingers over the print reader. I had to use my fingernail to get the safe lid open. "Well that's not gonna work". After a little searching on the interwebz, I found a replacement gas strut. Replacing was very simple and the strut was cheap, 19.99 for a set of two. I'm adding the link to this product. Not sure how many of you have a similar safe, but I figured I'd share if it would help someone to fix the issue I came across.

Glad to hear you got it figured out man.

This is a good reminder to anyone using a nightstand style or similar quick access safe. If all you’re using it for is keeping people/kids out then this may not apply... But if it’s used as a way to quickly access a line of protection for you and your family, don’t take it for granted and don’t overlook the quality of its function or reliability. No different than the gun you’re keeping inside.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
BEHOLD the power of TOO.
56AC3766-A2C9-47FA-A445-A4584759886E.gif

People helping people....😂😂