Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sgt Fury’s 2024 season

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
IMG_0266.jpeg

NJ Turkey season has been sloooooow. Only heard a couple gobbles all week and seen two hens.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
IMG_0362.jpeg
IMG_0363.jpeg
IMG_0364.jpeg
IMG_0398.jpeg
IMG_0350.jpeg
IMG_0351.jpeg
IMG_0352.jpeg
IMG_0353.jpeg
IMG_0355.jpeg

Caught a few trout up in the mountains of Pennsylvania. Went to a pay lake and caught a 28” tiger trout (brook/brown hybrid) that fought for over five minutes on 4 pound test. Didn’t weight it but couldn’t get my hands around it….not even close. Threw it back and it splashed like I threw in a cinder block. Had to be close to ten pounds. Also found my first morels…way past prime but while talking to a local named Bob and he told me he has them growing all over his property in the spring and I was more than welcome to harvest all that I wanted as he doesn’t eat them. May take him up on it next year. Told me where he lived and I went looking and did find the property. Hopefully I’ll be asking how to best prepare them next spring.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I love fried clams but never tried them steamed of course anything fried with the Remoulade sauce is delicious. Lmao
I use 1 pitcher of cheap beer, 1 pitcher water, minced garlic, a cup of apple cider vinegar, handful of parsley, 3 sticks of butter and some old bay seasoning. When it gets to a boil, I add the clams. Sometimes I’ll just steam them but to be honest, mostly I’ll submerge them so they get more of the flavor from the “broth”. I’ll use the same recipe for crabs TOO.

Reactions: finelyshedded