Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

She Broke.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
around us they’re replacing poles and running new lines. All the new subdivisions are buried and ours is buried until you get too the top of the driveway. Makes no sense too me why they don’t just bury them all that they can.

On our build, Ohio Edison said no choice but to bury. If it's above ground, they have to service it and they decide the risk. Below ground, it' protected and homeowner owns anything from road connection back to transformer. Id bet if only 1-2 poles and direct tie into the house and you're ok, add a transformer and you own the pad and install, then the run from transformer to home panel.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
On our build, Ohio Edison said no choice but to bury. If it's above ground, they have to service it and they decide the risk. Below ground, it' protected and homeowner owns anything from road connection back to transformer. Id bet if only 1-2 poles and direct tie into the house and you're ok, add a transformer and you own the pad and install, then the run from transformer to home panel.
But the lack of power outages due too tree limbs or even traffic accidents hitting power poles would be worth it.

Reactions: 5Cent

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Underground high voltage distribution systems cost significantly more to install and maintain, plus in my opinion, more difficult to troubleshoot and/or considered to be more dangerous to work on, and for anyone who digs up earth for any reason. Also, underground high voltage distribution systems have a much shorter lifespan than overhead high voltage distribution systems, plus overhead is much easier to maintain and troubleshoot. There are several different determining factors and considerations that come into play for whatever kind of electrical high voltage system that will be designed/engineered before most any installation. During emergency type situations, much of, if any depending on location, of the national codes and/or rules typically gets tossed out the window until some form of utility power is restored of any mass wide spread outages. Once the dust clears though and most services are restored with stability, usually reengineering takes place for a more permanent solution of whatever power structure system determined by the electrical engineers. It's been years since I was an electrical lineman so, things may have change some, but I couldn't imagine by too much. Perhaps someone else may be more up to date on it than myself though?

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Frozen AC coil. Happened about two weeks ago and I tossed it up to a dirty filter because we had some sheetrock and paint work done. Replaced that and she froze up again today. Got the hair dryer on it and put in a home warranty claim. I think the blower may have lost a speed because the air flow seemed pretty low to me after I defrosted it the last time. Today was hot with high humidity so I think it's just not moving enough air to keep the A coil dry.

20210611_200842.jpg

tmp_1623442221663.png

• Angry
Reactions: CJD3

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Or you are losing freon (or whatever it has running in it.)

It's a R22 unit. At first I thought blower but I was outside last night and there's not much heat being dumped to the outside. I suspect it's either low refrigerant or there's a line set obstruction. Considering the unit is 15 years old and there's not much heat being dumped outside I'm guessing it's low on coolant though.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Important to add underground line coverage including sewer lateral etc. to insurance coverage. Speaking from experience.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Replaced the deck of the trailer just before the last summer gathering at Mingo. Went to put new tires and rims on it today and find this

20210620_180033.jpg

Now I need to find some Square tube to replace it from one side all the way to the other.

• Wow
Reactions: Big_Holla