Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Show us your best/favorite lures

Creamer

Athens
I do the fly thing, so these are a little different but still craws and baitfish. These are my own designs.

I've been fishing this one for a few years, deadly on smallies and spots in rivers and creeks.

This is my best baitfish pattern.

When it comes to topwaters, I love popping frogs.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dan- I love those Panther Martins! Got a slew of them. I mainly fish ponds and rivers when I fish though.

Rebel crawfish have been pretty awesome for me as well. River fishing these are my go to lure.

Texas rigged worms have been good to me over the years too.

What does Dustin use? I'd like to know what to stay away from. :p

Big H

Medina
Every lure mentioned has a place in your tackle box, but which lure/bait would you use if you were limited to one style of bait? Lakes, ponds, rivers etc...

Mine would be a tube, various sizes/colors, multiple rigging options and overall, quite possibly the most versatile bait out there, IMHO of course ....

Reactions: Jamie

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Remind me when I get home. I’ll post some pict too.
Second love is throwing a old wooden Jitterbug in the evening. Surface strikes are always a rush!

Probably my lifetime favorite is the Johnson spoon- weedless. For 50 years I have thrown those spoons with a Uncle Josh frog backed pork rine...
Several years I was heartbroken to find the Co was no longer going to make the frog back because it was made from older hogs and due to today’s fast growing pig, the ones going to slaughter were to soft for the product. Remaining jars sale price, in some cases went through the roof. I still have a few but ... what a shame.

My life long favorite is a small group of several.
As mentioned above Johnson silver minnow and Uncle Josh Frog backed pork rind. (No longer made) I have a few jars left but use em sparingly.

5691204D-A6A7-4DEB-B1CD-A9063AE17201.jpeg

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
In an effort to make my frog back pork last I started on a rubber frog kick. I just twitch it across the Lillie’s and wait to be startled by the strike.😀
They have become fun to use in the thick stuff.

AF29D543-1D84-4640-8EBD-1F87731695EF.jpeg

Reactions: MoonLab

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
Joshy tail on a skirted jig is a good one for slow presentations. Used them a lot while fishing for prespawn largemouth as a teenager.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Dan- I love those Panther Martins! Got a slew of them. I mainly fish ponds and rivers when I fish though.

Rebel crawfish have been pretty awesome for me as well. River fishing these are my go to lure.

Texas rigged worms have been good to me over the years too.

What does Dustin use? I'd like to know what to stay away from. :p

200w-2.gif

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I do the fly thing, so these are a little different but still craws and baitfish. These are my own designs.

I've been fishing this one for a few years, deadly on smallies and spots in rivers and creeks.

This is my best baitfish pattern.

When it comes to topwaters, I love popping frogs.

Care to share how you tie that crawfish pattern?

Lucky

Sunbury
For me
definatly jerk baits and jigs my go to lures. Some cranks ratle traps in summer but with saugeyes being primary, cant beat these

Attachments

• 20190220_111719.jpg
    20190220_111719.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 135