Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sitting in someone else's treestand

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I'm telling ya man, you'll end up on the losing end of this if you make it an issue. Kill that fucking deer then start shit. Odds are after you kill it he'll get his wife to make ole dad kick you out anyway. But by then it's on your wall and he gets a yearly card in the mail. No matter how this plays out odds are you're gone, keep low and kill that deer first.

Kill that buck and hang his nut sack on his treestand step at eye level. Then send him a nice Holliday card with a pic 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: Big_Holla

Bigcountry40

I'm telling ya man, you'll end up on the losing end of this if you make it an issue. Kill that fucking deer then start shit. Odds are after you kill it he'll get his wife to make ole dad kick you out anyway. But by then it's on your wall and he gets a yearly card in the mail. No matter how this plays out odds are you're gone, keep low and kill that deer first.
I'm going to guess that 90% or higher of TOO members would have Trueroots kicked out as well and thats without knowing if that buck is around.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I would kill him with kindness and act like I knew nothing about that deer whatsoever. And if I did kill him I would try to sneak him out of there without anybody knowing and act like it never happened!
That way if he did know about the deer he would be constantly looking for him and wondering what happened?

Floki

Hey y’all never know, The father in law might not like the fella. Lmao Ya never know. I know personally if my son in law done some shit on my place to a fella I was letting hunt. He would get an ear full... Seeing I’m Daddy.

Anyhow I’m curious of how many times ya saw this buck or if you have had any close encounters.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I recently had a guy hang a cock and ball set on one of my signs. That just gave me the satisfaction of knowing I pissed him off good. leave it alone and enjoy your hunt good luck!

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
BC and I were turkey hunting a few years back on another property. Small parcel, about 5 acres. Had something we wanted to show the property owner so we called him to come out to the back and take a look. We were about 100 yards from the property line. We didnt know it but the neighbors son was turkey hunting next door. Anyways, our PO came out back and we were talking. All of a sudden the neighbors son starts yelling about us fucking up his hunt for the morning. Our PO told him to settle down, that we didnt know he was there. We couldnt even see the property line b/c of the tress. He fired his shotgun in our direction, over our heads. You could hear the bird shot hitting the leaves above us. Our PO was fuckin livid. Called the neighboring PO and told him about it. He came out and kicked his son off the property and told him he was never allowed to hunt there again. So ya never know.

I agree. No way you win this one. Best thing is to bite your tongue and play nice.

Trueroots

Norton , Ohio
I’m gonna keep my head down and mouth shut for the time being. Plan is to hunt when weather and wind permit. I’m gonna go swap out cards and hang another camera tomorrow. Taking the landowner to lunch here in the next couple weeks as I’ve always done to show my appreciation for his permission to hunt his land. Should I keep my updates in this thread or put it in another?

Trueroots

Norton , Ohio
Floki “kinda” hit the nail on the head ... from what I’ve seen/heard Landowner doesn’t much care for the SNL but I chose not to comment ever when grumblings came up in general conversation.

Reactions: hickslawns