Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sleep Cycles and the Moon

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I've got to admit that I've been thinking about the buck I named Bonehead alot since Nov. wondering if he made it, has he shed yet, was he poached or hit by a car. That fuggar has been wearing my mind out since Oct. 2nd. I've got two cams out hoping to collect some intel on him but so far he's underground. Either literally or figuratively. Lol

Sleeping habits vary from one person to the next, but the moon can have an effect on some people...others, not so much. I've noticed that people with a Cancer birth sign are definately more effected than some other birth signs.

A guy I work with kept complaining about see the clock, almost every hour of the night. I told him to face the clock away, so that he can't see it. About a week later I asked how he was sleeping and he said that it was better.

Studies have shown that light transmission will awaken the brain's functions. Keeping the lights off and/or using very limited lighting, when getting up in the middle of the night will allow you fall back to sleep with very little disturbance.

Bowhunter57

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sleeping habits vary from one person to the next, but the moon can have an effect on some people...others, not so much. I've noticed that people with a Cancer birth sign are definately more effected than some other birth signs.

A guy I work with kept complaining about see the clock, almost every hour of the night. I told him to face the clock away, so that he can't see it. About a week later I asked how he was sleeping and he said that it was better.

Studies have shown that light transmission will awaken the brain's functions. Keeping the lights off and/or using very limited lighting, when getting up in the middle of the night will allow you fall back to sleep with very little disturbance.

Bowhunter57

There you have it people! Trust me on this one, BH57 knows his crap! He even has the pay stubs to prove it! lmao

In all seriousness though, thanks for the input BH57. Interesting stuff.

The only time i have trouble sleeping is when i go home on leave and jessie and i share the bed. Over the past year and a half i have grown too used to having a bed to myself. When she "cuddles" with me i cant sleep and she thinks i dont want her to be with her. Thats not the case at all, just leave me alone while im sleeping. Females dang. Lol

epe

Lancaster

Bowhunter57

I turned my clock away years ago, and have my bedroom window blacked out.. Anything else doc? ;)