Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sleep Schedules

no schedule here , the nights my wife works im up till 2 am then back up at 6 , usually woke up by one of the kids in the middle of the night , then im on the run all day doing odd jobs and helping at the paylake , her days off and weekends im lucky if i get 4 hours sleep cause im at the paylake or out catching bait or ata tournament , if im at a pay lake i wont sleep for 24 to 40 hours then catch some sleep before i head home ill be in flutemans country here in a few weeks for a tournament , then redclouds country few weeks after that so i know i wont be sleepign then , i still owe redcloud a fishing trip

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't have one. I sleep when I get a chance. Last night I got in and the wife and I planned on going to bed early. Ha! Phone rings and I am off to fix a parking lot sweeping truck. Tonight I got a phone call from a tenant at a rental property. Just got in from replacing a water heater. Glad Menards was open until 10. Too bad I was there around 6-7 and had to make a return trip to swap water heaters or I would have been done a lot earlier.

I pretty much sleep when I get a chance. Now on the flip side, I also have some flexibility about when I wake up. I went years on 3-5hrs sleep. Now it seems like I need 6hrs or so. Sometimes 8hr when I am lucky though. However, when it snows, I don't sleep. I sleep when I am done plowing. Been known to work 2-3 days straight and sleep the next day. I have slept 12 hrs after plowing snow, woke up to pee and eat, go back and sleep 8-10hrs more. It is crazy!

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
I work three midnight shifts a week. 8p-8a, two evenings a week I have golf league, followed up by mowing, scouting, checking cams, planting plots, hanging stands,yard sales, flea markets, and eating. I stay pretty busy so my sleep is important. I usually sleep 6-8 hours midnight til 8am on my off days and on work days 9a-4p

Last edited:

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I am usually in bed around 9:30 and up around 4:15. Sometimes, like last night, when it has been a really tiring day I sack out closer to 8:30. I cant sleep past 7 oclock on weekends either.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I wish I had some of your schedules. Dang. Last night was wicked. Just couldn't sleep after working late, making decisions for the stock market today, and a cup of coffee probably didn't help. To bed at 430 up at 930 this morning just didn't feel like enough. I am rolling though!

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I usually fall asleep in the recliner watching tv around 10-11, wake up and go to bed around midnight or 1, then get up at 5 for work.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I am usually in bed by 11 and up by 7 through the week. The weekends are a crap shoot as to what sleep I get, but its never enough. I have troubles falling asleep and staying asleep. I'd give anything to lay down in bed at 11:30, fall asleep quickly and wake up refreshed at 6:30 every day. I'm always tired as hell the first two hours of the day and I think a lot of it has to do with my dreaming. I'm a very vivid and active dreamer, so my mind rarely shuts off and it kills me. I hate needing sleep as much as I do...