Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Slick Tricks Standards 100

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
I shot QAD Exodus last season, but I am considering switching to the Slick Trick 100 Standards. Does anyone have any experience with the slick tricks? Thanks for any info and advice!!

Reactions: Bowhunter57

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I've shot them and the magnums for most of my bowhunting life. Back when you had to send the guy a check to his home address to buy them. 😂. I trust them tremendously and they've always performed. They blow holes in deer and smash bone. The only drawback I've seen is the initial blood trail may be light while the animal runs from the shot. Say the first 30 yards. But after that it always picks up and is easy to follow. The reason I love them is they're just plain tough, they did together and penetrate really well. Line it up for your exit and let it go, it doesn't much matter what you hit on entry it's going to reach vitals. I switched to a razortrick which had a cut on contact tip and tried that and lost a pretty good buck at strouds on a shoulder hit. I don't doubt a ST mag or standard would have killed that deer.

I've been shooting them (ST Standard 100's) for quite a few years, just not as long as Joe :ROFLMAO: Absolutely love ST broadheads and will continue to use them for years to come. If I were to buy a new pack today I would likely pick up the Viper Trick or Wicked Trick heads. Allen is shooting the Viper Trick's and they fly extremely well and zipped through his deer last year no problem, leaving blood right from the shot site. Both those heads put two blades right up front off the tip to give it an even more cut on contact profile. Wicked Tricks have just a slightly larger cutting diameter.

NAC1989

Clark county
I shoot the slick trick xbow trick 150 grain and my experience is the same as Jackalopes. They punch right through bone and do leave a good blood trail just not initially, takes a few yards for it to pick up.

Reactions: NWOHhunter
I shot the buck in my profile photo with a Slick Trick - Razor Trick (COC). I hit him too high and drilled thru the onside shoulder blade and got 1 lung, but it was a very steep angle. :rolleyes: He ran approximately 1400 yards across a cut bean field, hid in a standing corn field, where he died. Slick Trick makes a very strong broadhead, that will take as much as it gives, when it comes to punishment. 💯

I read the package, after the shot and they do NOT recommend their COC for compound shooters. 🤔 One of the blades had a chip in it, but otherwise it was in good shape.
2008 Buck.jpg

I've never heard of that before?! Went to the site and didn't see anything on it either. You say it was on the actual packaging for the broadhead?
Yes, sir. Slick Trick does not make the Razor Trick any more and that may be why. On the package, itself, they said that the Razor Trick was intended for the traditional and youth market.
I would say the lower poundage and shorter draw lengths were there target customers with that broadhead. 🤔
I was interested in the cut-on-contact feature and there are better broadheads with that design.

Reactions: Big_Holla
Yes, sir. Slick Trick does not make the Razor Trick any more and that may be why. On the package, itself, they said that the Razor Trick was intended for the traditional and youth market.
I would say the lower poundage and shorter draw lengths were there target customers with that broadhead. 🤔
I was interested in the cut-on-contact feature and there are better broadheads with that design.
OK I understand now. Was thinking the cut-on-contact was the same as how the Viper Trick and Wicked Trick heads are set-up too. Can't say I've seen the Razor Trick heads I think.

Big_Holla,
I found an image of the Razor Trick, that I shot. The Wicked Trick is the closest thing they have now.
I shoot the Slick Trick Magnums out of my Ravin R10 and they fly perfect out to 70 yards. I've not tried shooting them any further, but that's a longer shot than I care to take anyway. :rolleyes:
Razor Trick.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I ordered some 100 Standards, and they should be here today...I am excited to use them
How’d you like them? Just received the magnums and sighted them in. They flew exactly like the G5’s I’ve been shooting. I’ll use the G5’s as a backup since they both fly true too each other. They hit the same spot almost exactly at 20, 30 and 40 yards.