Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Small Engine Repair Help!!!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Rains it pours..... Last night the tranny on my F150 went out. It started slipping, pulled over at gas station, tranny fluid everywhere. I'm hoping it is just a blow cooler line. The slipping is really minor and there wasn't any weird noises or vibrations.
Fix the leak, service and drive it like ya stole it.... That’ll let you know what you got....

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Well I give up. I'm taking it to a local guy who does small engine repair.

Last night I cleaned up the carburetor and did a function check on the fuel shut off solenoid (works just fine). This morning I put it all back together and still nothing.

There is something up with the fuel pump. I don't know if there isn't enough vacuum to get it to work or maybe I just have another bad fuel pump.
Either way I'm pretty much done screwing around with it.

My F150 is at the local Ford dealer. It started slipping, the Transmission Fault warning came on, the Over Drive light started flashing, and it's leaking fluid out of the rubber plug on the bottom of the bell. Sucks, but it's a 2005 with 170K on it. I hate to say it, but this kinda stuff is to be expected.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The tranny in my colorado started slipping and shuddering at 190k miles. I drove it another 30k before having to park it. I bought a 130k mile junk yard tranny for $160 in Indiana that's waiting to go in. Plug the hole, top her off and get your moneys worth out if that tranny. Lol.

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Tranny is fixed. The torque converter was leaking and i burned up a few gears. $2750 with also having my fluids changed in the front and rear differental. So far so good.

IRT the tractor.... well no compression, no movement from the pistons. I used an artow to move them and the fly wheel spins with the turn of my hand.... so basically i threw a rod. Oh, btw i also forgot to mention its almost out of oil... im religious about oil changes for the car and never once thought about our lawn equip....duh..

So, bought a used motor, the same one, on ebay. $400 and hopefully this fixes it. Im on vacation next week in texas. It should be here when i return