Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

So Where's The Browns Fans???

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
FB_IMG_1610331520461.jpg

Fletch

Supporting Member
Tomlin will never lose his job. Which is why I’m probably done watching Football.
Let’s Go Pens!!!!! Even if they suck I enjoy watching any hockey game.
Spencie.... I hear ya, the Rooney's will never dump Tomlin... I never have liked him... I agree " Let's Go Pens".... I too enjoy hockey much better than football....

Reactions: Spencie

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
They were looking good in 86 and 87 until The Drive and The Fumble. Shut your mouth! 😂
I watched them back then. Bernie Kosar was the only Bernie the world knew. No "known" Bernie Sanders. Byner and Mack. Good times. Many disappointments. But I actually grew up on the Brian Sipe, Ozzie Newsome, and Mike Pruitt Browns.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isaacorps

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I think all this excitement about the Browns is great, but it's probably going to be short-lived. I'm really not understanding why the diehard Browns fans are so enthusiastic about last night's victory. I mean look, they started out 28-0 in the first quarter, largely as a result of Pittsburg mistakes and miscues. They were basically gifted a 28-point head start, and yet only managed to win the game by 11 points. To me, that would have me pretty concerned for the next round.

Reactions: Fletch

Isaacorps

Columbus
I think all this excitement about the Browns is great, but it's probably going to be short-lived. I'm really not understanding why the diehard Browns fans are so enthusiastic about last night's victory. I mean look, they started out 28-0 in the first quarter, largely as a result of Pittsburg mistakes and miscues. They were basically gifted a 28-point head start, and yet only managed to win the game by 11 points. To me, that would have me pretty concerned for the next round.
The excitement is from 20 years of abject failure, ineptitude, and disappointment finally being relieved. And beating a team that has made them their bitch for the better part of 50 years. Like opening a steam valve. I, for one, do not suffer from the delusion that they will even sniff a competitive game against KC. Just enjoying the moment for what it is

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
A little flashback of mine in history:

So, when I was a young teenager, the only NFL team that I truly liked and always hope for them to win a NFL championship was the browns. IDK why really, but that's what I hoped for.

One day back then, I bought an old small RCA 1950's model black & white television at a garage sale and placed it within my bedroom. I was pretty proud of the fact that I had my own television in my own room. I worked hard for it and my father did not have control over it for the most part.
rca0901.jpg

Anyways, the first time watching something worth while on it, was a browns game. I'll never forget watching the 1980 AFC division playoff game against the raiders. I watched the entire game on that television in black & white, which really was the only channel that would come in clearly with the an old set of rabbit ears antenna.

20210111_104009.jpg

Ever since then, I would follow the browns, but never really became a true NFL enthusiast. I am disappointed with the actions displayed within the NFL over the recent years and believe that politics should simply stay out the professional sports, but anyhow, I still hope that the browns pull off a successful season and one day get to see them play in the super-bowl. That may not happen within my life time, but I still hope for it today.

Thought I'd share another personal story of mine with y'all.

Last edited:

Buckmaster

Portage
I was born a Browns fan 50 years ago. They’ve been basically losers my whole life. They broke my heart a few times. I’m still an avid watcher and fan. Hopefully within my lifetime they will win a Super Bowl. I recall the Leroy Kelly poster on my bedroom wall in the mid 70’s. I also have an autographed Jim Brown rookie card. Perhaps I should pursue the same in a Chubb series. He certainly looks impressive.