Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Softball

epe

Lancaster
Season starts tonight. Anyone else play? This is not the beer drinking league. But I think I drive my teammates nuts from being TOO competitive.

sent from my HTC evo

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Softball is for girls and old, fat guys! LOL!!! :smiley_crocodile: J/K of course! :smiley_baby:

Never played a single game of organized softball in my life and don't see me ever getting around to it. I'm sure it's a good time and all, but it's not for me. Good luck in your league Eric!

epe

Lancaster
Well basketball is over this month, so I have to do something keep myself from getting any fatter : )

sent from my HTC evo

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I would love to play some sort of ball, softball or baseball in the summer. That would be great, but all my buddies who play softball have full teams, and they have been playing together for 10 yrs or more, and there isnt a baseball league around canton that I know of.

I would probably emberass myself thinkin I had any kind of batting eye right now too. It would still be fun to get out there and play...

epe

Lancaster
Every baseball player that comes over to softball spends the first couple games popping out. Takes em some to change the swing, and get used to the high arc.

sent from my HTC evo

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Every baseball player that comes over to softball spends the first couple games popping out. Takes em some to change the swing, and get used to the high arc.

sent from my HTC evo

Or swinging to soon and spinning themselves in the ground.
Best thing to do for adjustment is focus on the inside top half of the ball. Keeps the weight and hands back and helps drive gaps.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I usually play in a tournament or two each year, but I've never been on a full time league for softball. It'd be nice to have a men's baseball league up here... but then again, I don't know how I'd find the time to play anyways.