Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Some from behind the house.

FredT

SE Ohio
Here are some of mine from behind the house. None were taken that I know of.
They are not the greatest, but they are behind the house at the same spot.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Very nice bucks Fred.

That one buck looks like he has about a 3" tip to tip spread :D. Love it !!!

Thanks for posting and sharing the pics with us Fred. Keep them coming.

FredT

SE Ohio

I moved here in 2004. This season is the 1st one that I did not get an 8 point or better. I started too late in the rut this year and I did miff a shot opportunity at a large buck under the stand. Crossbow safety clicked and he heard it. Two more steps forward and I would have had him at 10 yards. It didn't happen.

Took 3 deer though.

FredT

SE Ohio
That hunt was probably the most exciting I have ever done. I watched that buck run my does for a good 20 minutes, went by my other stand often. I put up a stand where I got him because it was where he came in the day before and would not come down to my normal stand I hunt out of. Of course this day he went right over to my normal stand.

I thought I would never get a shot at him just like the last time. Finally my does brought him up to me and I arrowed him at 15 yards. I am right handed and had to shoot him left handed, with the Parker Xbow, because of the side of the tree he went by.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
We're gonna have to change Feds name to "The Deer Whisperer" or "Dances with Deerz" or something cool like that!