Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Something interesting happened when shooting a raccoon

Smawgunner2

Athens County
I live in the middle of Columbus as many of you know. My neighbor feeds the damn raccoons so I resorted to trapping and killing them. I have to use a .22 CCI quiet round so I don’t draw attention. So this morning I shot this damn raccoon in the trap three times in the face three times through the lungs and that damn thing made the loudest noise ever. I thought for sure people would be coming out of their houses lol but after it died, I went inside grab my coffee and went to the back porch. When I came out, there were four bucks standing around the cage, as if they were drawn to whatever what’s going on. They’ve been milling around that cage for the last 10 minutes. Really strange.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Years ago I shot a raccoon with a bow and stuck him to the ground. In the 15-20 seconds it took him to pass, he made a wide range of sounds that I didn’t know raccoons could make. It attracted a huge owl, who perched on a branch above the coon. The owl was getting ready to pounce on the now deceased coon and I had to yell at it to get it to leave. Didn’t have the good fortune of it attracting 4 bucks though. 😂😂

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
Oh it was loud….ive shot plenty of different animals and those raccoons are the toughest most vocal SOBs on the planet 😆 Next time I’m using duct tape.
Excuse me mr gunner .... I will share a family size box of crayons with you if you let me come over and watch you put duct tape on a raccoons mouth. I'll even buy the beer

• Haha
Reactions: Tipmoose