Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Spring eyes

Eye Spy

Willard, OH
It has been busy and will be super busy Saturday morning. Last Saturday looked like a zoo. A couple of my buddies took their lawn chairs and a cooler of cold ones and watched the madness. They said they laughed so hard they almost cried watching some guys trying to back their rigs up and pull their boats out. As far as a charter, I am a teacher 9 months out of the year and charter weekends when still in school and then all June,July, and August

Last edited:

Longdraw

Central,Ohio
yea I know what you mean,,A group of us bass fisherman can put in 5 boats in the water for the time it takes 1 person who doesn't do it much

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I won't be up there till early afternoon . How bad of a circus will it be u think? Should I just say screw it and go shoot carp? Lol

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I won't be up there till early afternoon . How bad of a circus will it be u think? Should I just say screw it and go shoot carp? Lol

I'm thinking the afternoon won't be quite as bad. Most guys will probably have already caught their limits and be pulled out by then... well, except for the fuggin double-dippers of course. Turtle Creek marina is just right down the road from Wild Wings, too.

Longdraw

Central,Ohio
Well we ended up with 8,very busy wooooooow

And my uncles giant!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eye Spy

Willard, OH
The boat went in the water this afternoon! Didn't have much time to fish but I did manage to catch my four using a gold/pink hair jig. Two of the four were right at 23 inches with the others around 17. Beautiful day on the water.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
The boat went in the water this afternoon! Didn't have much time to fish but I did manage to catch my four using a gold/pink hair jig. Two of the four were right at 23 inches with the others around 17. Beautiful day on the water.

Good way to wrap up the afternoon, good eatin!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

Nice work! I've never used a gold hair jig before... But gold is my favorite all around walleye color. I'll have to keep my eyes out for some gold hair jigs.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
We went Saturday afternoon. After learning our technique the first HR catching 1 and me missing4 we motored back up for another drift and boxed 11 in 45 minutes. Once I figured out the bite and coached my buddies it happened quick.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Meeting up with my pops and brother tomorrow morning... heading out of Turtle Creek around 7 a.m. I'll report back in the afternoon.

Eye Spy

Willard, OH
We had a good day today coming in with a 5 man limit. Most fish came in 18-19 fow. All fish came on hair jigs with a gold/pink/purple jig catching all but 2 of our eyes. Some of the guys were tipping their jigs with shiners but others we catching without. I did catch a 4-5 Lb smallie that was released to fight again another day.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My dad and I also had a good morning on the water yesterday. Less than 3 hours of fishing and 8 walleyes in the cooler. A lot of boats heading out to fish around Locust Reef, but we stayed in close... 11 fow and 47.7 degrees... I'd say we were about 3/4 mile offshore.

The action was fast early on, but slowed down as the morning progressed. I had two fish in the cooler within 5 minutes of setting up on our first drift. Actually, something really crazy happened while bringing in that second fish... My dad dipped the net in the water to land it, and when he pulled the net out of the water there were two fish in it!!! Another one must have followed the hooked fish up to the surface and swam with it into the net! We threw it back, thinking it would give us some good karma for the day... which it did... Plus, they were biting so well that I didn't want to add a "cheap one" to our limit of fish. The color of the day was purple.

My first 'eye of 2012

Dad's 26-incher... most likely a male from the 2003 hatch