Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

spring morels

rooster85

Lake County
Me and my little one just found these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I posted these already in another thread, but I’d like the date stamp idea of tracking in this thread. Highland county
View attachment 78332View attachment 78333View attachment 78334View attachment 78335

Last night I took a few minutes to walk the back yard where I have been finding morels the last few years and sure enough I found 3 nice ones. Fried them up with dinner last night. This morning on FB the first 'memory' from 2 years ago today showed a good hand full of morels from the same spot. Pretty good to have a timeline date like you mention!!!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Found a small batch over the weekend. Got them cleaned up and soaked overnight. I would like to keep them until Friday if possible. How do you guys store them? Friday would be 6 days since they were picked. They have been in water since Sunday.

Jamie

Ohio
that's pretty much the way I feel about Morels all the time. mostly because Chanterelles are so much better to eat. not really easier to come by, but better table fare, imo. I did manage to get enough Morels the last week of April for a nice meal, but I had to trade my way into a honey hole that I am forbidden to hunt at one of my deer hunting spots. cost me a bunch of Ramps, but it was nice to have some sponge mushrooms for a change. Once I get young Patrick hooked on Chanterelles, I'll probably be able to raid their mushroom patch whenever I want. :D

Reactions: giles

Bowkills

Nw oh
that's pretty much the way I feel about Morels all the time. mostly because Chanterelles are so much better to eat. not really easier to come by, but better table fare, imo. I did manage to get enough Morels the last week of April for a nice meal, but I had to trade my way into a honey hole that I am forbidden to hunt at one of my deer hunting spots. cost me a bunch of Ramps, but it was nice to have some sponge mushrooms for a change. Once I get young Patrick hooked on Chanterelles, I'll probably be able to raid their mushroom patch whenever I want. :D
I enjoy summer and fall shrooming alot. Looking forward to it again. hope you post directions for drying chantrelles or preserving however u r eating them in the winter......unless you already have....😁

Lucky

Sunbury
Im definatly going to hunt the chanterelles this year.Love morels....had decent year, didnt get out nearly as much as would have liked with how exceptional the season was on them. Found them in spots ive never found them in b4. Most people i know that hunted had one of there better yrs in while...this is my last litle bit unless mite head to michigan next weekend, but mostly done..Now i cant wait for to go for the chanterelles.Never hunted them or tasted them. Jamie seems to like them alot and have heard there as good or better than a morel.....gota be a good one then.Been a good season.
15576043850198601257238681996859.jpg

Reactions: giles